Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
You sound like an empath to me. :) But only you can really answer that question. What you are doing when you're making others feel as you do is called projecting. Some empaths can do it and others can't.When I came here I kept looking for one solid thing that would absolutely "prove" I was an empath. There's no such thing. :) I know now that I'm definitely an empath, but how I figured it out was by reading others posts, asking questions, and participating in discussions all over this site. Welcome, I hope you will find answers here. <3
updated by @emmy-long: 12/24/17 06:00:10AM
Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
Well I'm glad to hear you say you don't want to control others because some empaths do! I personally think it's morally wrong. But to control the tuning in. If you haven't already you should check out the empath survival guide on this site. It talks about blocking and sheilding and there's a technique called the zip up technique that a lot of empaths use. Those are all ways to tune out. I choose to "filter" and I don't think the survival guide talks about that, but what it is, I allow all of the positive feelings to surround me and I let myself experience them and then I let the negatives pass through. It's a personal thing as to which method works best for you! :) I'm sure there are many ways to filter but I use meditation to set myself up for it. If you decide to filter, you can always ask and I'll explain more, but if you decide to block or shield then the empath survival guide explains how to do those really well, and if you decide to zip up, look up Dolores cannon zip up technique on youtube!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book