I'm not sure...

To post a reply, login or signup

Steven
@steven
2 years ago
2 posts
I'm not entirely sure about whether or not I count as anything, to be honest. I've always been told Im too "soft skinned," and "take everything to heart." It's hard to explain, but I cant help it. There are times I can feel a physiological response to other's emotions. I always thought it was just sincerity, but no one else seems to feel this way. Sometimes it gets to the point I feel as though my rib cage will collapse on on itself. And I've always thought I was crazy, but if I'm "in tune" I guess one could say with someone, if I change the way I'm feeling (like a mind over matter type thing), I can induce a similar change in them.Example: The first time I noticed I was breaking up with my boyfriend who had cheated on me (more on that in a minute). I was leaving and he freaked. Threatened suicide all kinds of crazy. But the weird part was I also started to freak out. As I said earlier the chest pressure, my heart literally ached, I broke out in a sweat. I took a deep breath, and thought "I don't have time for this. Stop." And I did. And he did. He even helped me pack. Then a friend of mine was crying over this jerk she was dating. We were laying in her bed, and it happened again. Chest pressure, physical heart pain, and I started crying. Well I was supposed to be there for her. This was her trouble. "Why am I crying? I have nothing to cry about. This has nothing to do with me." And o know this sounds far fetched, but the feeling went away then she suddenly had the epiphany; "Why am I crying? I deserve better. He's a loser. He's not worth crying over." I mean I know this sounds unrealistic, but I've played around some, and I get the same results every time... Can anyone tell me if I'm an "empath," or something else, or if I'm stupid and Have had a long string of simple coincidences.Thanks in advance!
updated by @steven: 10/31/17 05:51:59AM
Capriskrap
@capriskrap
2 years ago
6 posts

I can tell you two things:
Firstly, you are NOT stupid. :3
Secondly, nothing is ever a coincidence.
From what you have described, I believe that you have something that goes far beyond sincerity or sensitivity. In fact, I have this deep feeling that you are indeed an empath. Others have tried to tell me the same things. "You're too emotional" or "You shouldn't let things get to you." They just don't understand what it's like to be like me, and I have learned to accept that. Now the hard part is to use this gift for a greater purpose instead of letting negativity get to you like that. It is time consuming and will take patience and self-discipline , but it is definitely worth it in the long-run. Just remember that you are NOT alone. Ever.
I hope this helped. ^^

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
You sound like an empath to me. :) But only you can really answer that question. What you are doing when you're making others feel as you do is called projecting. Some empaths can do it and others can't.When I came here I kept looking for one solid thing that would absolutely "prove" I was an empath. There's no such thing. :) I know now that I'm definitely an empath, but how I figured it out was by reading others posts, asking questions, and participating in discussions all over this site. Welcome, I hope you will find answers here. <3
Steven
@steven
2 years ago
2 posts
Thanks for the reply! My only question is, how do I control it? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to gain proficiency in controlling people, but how do I prevent the "tuning in" part?
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Well I'm glad to hear you say you don't want to control others because some empaths do! I personally think it's morally wrong. But to control the tuning in. If you haven't already you should check out the empath survival guide on this site. It talks about blocking and sheilding and there's a technique called the zip up technique that a lot of empaths use. Those are all ways to tune out. I choose to "filter" and I don't think the survival guide talks about that, but what it is, I allow all of the positive feelings to surround me and I let myself experience them and then I let the negatives pass through. It's a personal thing as to which method works best for you! :) I'm sure there are many ways to filter but I use meditation to set myself up for it. If you decide to filter, you can always ask and I'll explain more, but if you decide to block or shield then the empath survival guide explains how to do those really well, and if you decide to zip up, look up Dolores cannon zip up technique on youtube!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book