Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
486 posts
I've developed some pretty good ways of combating this pet the last couple of years due to the bad situation I was in. The first thing to do is learn to defend yourself against this. The four main ways I've learned to do this are: grounding, sheilding, the zip up technique, and filtering. If you haven't read the empath survival program on this website I would recommend you do! :) it explains grounding and sheilding very well. Next I'd recommend going on youtube and watching a video I Dolores cannons zip up technique. Now I'll explain how I filter to you as I haven't found any great links online that explain it. Filtering is simply letting the bad pass through you and only allowig the good experiences you want to impact you. To do this I use meditation. I meditate on the positives I choose to feel and tell myself that those experiences are what my heart is open to. I shared the meditation I do for this in the meditation group here on this site. Once you have decided which technique works best for you, things will get easier. <3 Feel free to messages if you have any questions.
Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
486 posts
You're welcome! And oops I meant "Dolores cannon" no "I". :) I get on this site a lot from my phone so sometime I have type-o's and autocorrect mistakes!
Nea
Nea
@nea
3 years ago
218 posts

Something that helped me before I learned to shield more etc. was to carry a small stone with me. Obsidian is good. I personally use amethyst too, aswell as obsidian. (I have both of them under the pillow when I sleep because I used to be so afraid when trying to sleep - it has really helped.) Tourmaline can help too.

I don't know if you are used to stones, but it might be a good crutch before you figure things out - it's very personal though, so you have to feel what is right for you.

I can feel your pain because every time I go home to my parents, I always have to be extra careful grounding and shielding - I usually have my little arsenal of stones with me. But also if you manage to ground yourself and remove any negativity you yourself are feeling about the situation, and fill your heart with compassion for yourself and for her, then it will get immensely easier. Love conquers all, as they say. I know it's no easy to get there though.

May your light fly on holy wings

Nea

Kate T
Kate T
@kate
3 years ago
145 posts
I do have similar experiences (as a college dorm student :)) ) and when communication simply didn't want to happen we simply didn't speak, and thus no fighting whatsoever. It was a bad situation though (nasty people, literal lack of respect, many negative emotions and messed up sleep patterns) so that I left next semester and I was so glad... but guess what next, someone who did drugs and everything, went to psychiatrists, had to put orthodox music to calm her nerves, yet went almost every day to disponivle guys and so on... and I am telling you, I saw that even after these, she understood more than my previous dormmates (4th college year after all) and we could establish some normal rules. Then came the psychological/energetical ones as she told me about her problems and a bit of a hard life. She also had a horrible reputation in the dorm. And yet, I she let me help her. And i didn't care for what others said or whispered. She then helped me as well (she works a lot to make some money so she can leave to another country; she send me all kinds of links and job offers) All I did was advice and listen to her... and yet after about 4 months I realise that it is affecting me a bit, in the sense that having such an agitated person beside you and those negative energies cluttered in the room despite my efforts, well, it's something that at one point gets on your nerves. I know I am moving in 2 months as well though ^^ and i will simply search to block them or free them, not lash out at that girl or even worse, numb my senses. And during holidays and not only I return home, so... all in all, that place (and the capital in itself) are unfortunately not too good for meditation and such for obvious reasons (so many agitated and rushed people, so little nature, green spaces or trees, radiowaves above, empty soil under you... *subways*, so little knowledge of the spiritual side of life :( )And in the end, for *me there is one solution (as of now): try to work it out, understand the lesson, and leave. Otherwise it is like a stone on your heart. There is a difference between running away from obstacles and understanding how to hop or instead of turning away, avoiding them. It is also a gift of those who stay in touch with their nature and embrace truth that they can figure out easier what might bring ease of heart or a hurtfull experience, what hides a positive outcome and where there is just disastruous or unproductive temptation.So if your heart starts saying "no" every damn time the thought goes through your mind and logic can't deal with the inflow of negative energy, then yes, it is time to go away from it (not before analysing the problem though). One of the worst things a being can have is not having a place to call home. Every bug and snake and bird has a hiding place to which they can safely return. One should ensure that this little place they have provides them a piece of rest as the world is messy enough sometimes and we need our solitude.. ! ^^ (ps, too much internet and time spent in front of devices does affect the energy flow so it's only good in moderation and not the best answer to stress -huh, yea, I should start taking my own advice...-)I have tried meditating abitwith some semi-precious stones my family received as a gift from south africa, but I had more luck working out and grounding myself with the stones that I liked and picked up from the seaside, so I can't say too much about this one ;)) ) Albeit many people say stones help them, I am personally unsure wether I shouldn't learn to, in fact, deal with the energy or change it, not redirect it to another source... well, it all comes with time I guess. I'd end up saying that life is beautiful with all the ups and downs, and it is a poor choice to let yourself dragged in a stream of negative things without putting up a fight! So important are peace of mind and caring! but caring with the limit imposed by the need to remain healthy, physically and mentally...

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book