Shielding vs. Filtering

To post a reply, login or signup

Scott Yates
@scott-yates
2 years ago
62 posts

What is your experience or thoughts on shielding vs filtering? I have found that there is a place for each and a time in which to use each.

Shielding - Shielding is good for a total block and shut down of all incoming emotion. I have found this very useful when an overload occurs. Using this shield give me an opportunity to cleanse myself of the negative emotion that has overloaded me without anymore being added.

Filtering - Filtering is a wonderful technique that I try to implement at all times. Using this filter allows the positive emotions to pass through and filters out the negative allowing me to stay cut off from the drama and allow others to still feel my openness to them.

updated by @scott-yates: 05/10/17 11:32:23PM
Scott Yates
@scott-yates
2 years ago
62 posts
Well if ya think about what the words imply, makes sense. A shield is solid. Protects against anything projected at you. A filter is porice. Weaved together to only let certain things through while keeping unwanted things out. Two different abilities for the empath.
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I think when done properly they can both be beneficial, though I choose not to shield much and instead filter constantly. Shielding blocks the good and bad and I get depressed when I can't feel the energy of love in this world. My life hasn't been perfect by any means, but as long as I feel the love around me I always know I'm ok. <3 Sometimes I do start sheilding unconsciously and these are the times when I feel my worst.
Scott Yates
@scott-yates
2 years ago
62 posts
@ifeeleverything: shielding and filtering is quite simple to do. This technique is what i call an emergency shield. First, sit down in a quiet place. Clear your mind as much as you can. Second, take all the emotions your feeling and push them out to form a shield all around you. Like a force field bubble. Hold this image in your mind. Feel the shield around you. Feel how the emotions just stop. Use the same technique to raise a filter if you choose it instead of the shield. I hope this helps.
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I'm sorry you're struggling. <3 I think you would benefit greatly from meditation as well as shielding and filtering. Also, I'd recommend looking into the empath survival guide on this website.
thinkinpictures76
@thinkinpictures76
2 years ago
10 posts

When I am overwhelmed with negativity, I shield. However, I pretty much have my filter on constantly when I am out in public.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Ifeeleverything, Most likely you are still overwhelmed by your brother and haven't processed it all yet. Drinking will delay your recovery and cause you to be stuck where you are. Do you have someone to talk to like a counselor or good friend? I'm not so sure shielding will help you right now, if your agony is coming from within. Find someone to talk to, start an exercise program, meditate, check your diet...just some things to start. Take care of yourself.

esoteric
@esoteric
2 years ago
16 posts

Anyone here have experience with flower essences? I've been making a yarrow blend but have only been using it (several times daily) for a couple weeks. The effects are supposed to be cumulative. I believe white yarrow is the best for helping strengthen your aura.

Plenty of articles on Google... here's one: http://www.flowersociety.org/drmesich.htm

Also, Bach's rescue remedy is supposed to have immediate effect if you're in crisis mode.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book