Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
486 posts
Some people will disagree with me on this, but I don't believe in doing either of those things morally. There are empaths much more experienced than me and some will agree and some won't. But I think a person needs to learn to get through those negative emotions with their own energy and will, so that when it happens again, they have the tools to deal with it. We can't always be there to help everyone. Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat forever. I don't mean to say I'm not there when a friend is suffering, I will still show them love and compassion and help how I can, but I won't change their energy to make them feel better.And as for taking on their energy. I don't do that either. If I can help it. Sometimes it happens (that's the problem with empathy). But as soon as I feel what they're feeling I let it go, use the knowledge to better understand what they're going through, and adjust accordingly. A persons inner feelings are their private property and they are not mine to impose on. I've had it happen to me and I was hurt by it for a long time.All that being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and there are others here who will disagree with my views. I think what it all boils down to is that if you treat people with love and respect in your heart, then you're probably ok. <3

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book