How Do You Project and Draw?

To post a reply, login or signup

Scott Yates
@scott-yates
2 years ago
62 posts

As an empath, you are able to project your emotions onto another person in order to influence or change their current emotional stature. With me, I have to be within a certain radius of the person and interacting with them either physically or vocally. Then I find myself projecting onto them a more positive emotion.

As an empath, you are also able to take one's emotion(s) from them. For this, I have to have physical contact. Once contact is made, I can draw out this negative emotion and release it back into the universe. Yet, I have found that when this is done, you have to replace this taken emotion with a positive emotion or their negativity comes back worse than before.

So, my questions to you is, "How do you project?" "How do you draw out emotions?" and "Is it worth the energy drain to make another feel better?". I appreciate you replies.

updated by @scott-yates: 01/31/17 08:53:33PM
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Some people will disagree with me on this, but I don't believe in doing either of those things morally. There are empaths much more experienced than me and some will agree and some won't. But I think a person needs to learn to get through those negative emotions with their own energy and will, so that when it happens again, they have the tools to deal with it. We can't always be there to help everyone. Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat forever. I don't mean to say I'm not there when a friend is suffering, I will still show them love and compassion and help how I can, but I won't change their energy to make them feel better.And as for taking on their energy. I don't do that either. If I can help it. Sometimes it happens (that's the problem with empathy). But as soon as I feel what they're feeling I let it go, use the knowledge to better understand what they're going through, and adjust accordingly. A persons inner feelings are their private property and they are not mine to impose on. I've had it happen to me and I was hurt by it for a long time.All that being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and there are others here who will disagree with my views. I think what it all boils down to is that if you treat people with love and respect in your heart, then you're probably ok. <3
Scott Yates
@scott-yates
2 years ago
62 posts
You are right in what your saying. I only purposely use this technique when a person is hysterical or have gone emotionally overboard. I agree with you, but I also feel there are times when projecting/drawing must be used.
RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
2 years ago
110 posts
I've done both ...but only when I was married and had to get my then bipolar wife arrested to get her on a 5150 and back on her medication...that was 30 years ago.
Even mentioning those skill to another Empath got me basically blacklisted by them.
Working on those skills may lead you to be a Dark Empath.P'S when when that skill is used on other people you interfere with their destiny which I promised myself I would never do again ( I'm too busy interfering with mine ).. .we all have to learn to crawl..walk the...run...taking one of those steps out of a person's life will inevitably make them weaker.
Scott Yates
@scott-yates
2 years ago
62 posts
RyuukoGo, you are totally right. It can very well lead to a dark path. That's why it's only used in extreme cases like I mentioned earlier. Yet, like Emmy Long said in her post, there are those who do practice and use it on a daily basis to help and achieve personal gain.
RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
2 years ago
110 posts
Scott I called it "pushing" I'm beginning to think people involved with the Star Wars and Star Trek series were and are Empaths. ..the whole mind melting...counselor Troy ..force terms are basically Empath skills.One skill I have not tried in 35 years is to look into my significant others eyes and literally share emotions...so far after just a few months of working with my abilities I have a most of all the skills an Empath can have I'm still not sure if I want to "lean to "or dabble into the darkness.
Scott Yates
@scott-yates
2 years ago
62 posts
@RyuukoGo: referred to as "linking". I haven't tried that one. I've read about it. I try to study up on a skill b4 I actually try it. Unless it just happens. It's just my opinion, but I think there's light and dark in all abilities; even just sensing ones emotions. It all can go either way depending on how you use them. Again, that's just opinion. I possess a few abilities through empathy. I want to know it all and keep them in the light and help people.
KitKat
@kitkat
2 years ago
25 posts

Hi Scott and Emmy

I am new to the definition of what I am but have been fumbling along (fortunatley in the right direction) to being a skilled Empath. Since shall I call it the recent confirmation. I have taken a no sheild stance as I have probably become to good at that. Instead I have opened up and beyond the surface charisma which will of course affect people generally I have noticed what must be a projection beyond that. People whom were already open with me opened up more but where I think it went into the realms of projection is when social barriers in my work place started to crumble away when I was present and people have actually noticed and told me they realise it is an affect I am having on the group, old grudges crumpled away and people were saying to me this is weird I would not have normally bothered speaking to this person in the student bar as I don't get on with them in College and comment it happens when I am around. In this instance it gives people the opportunity to glimpse objectivity, I will certainly not start making deliberate introductions as Emily said people will in the long term benefit more from using their own power and skills. In regards to the drawing out and replacing of individual emotions. If there is one thing I have learned from watching professionals argue over diets, treatments, laws and causality. I have noticed it boils down to one thing said in different ways. Everything in moderation; A little bit of everything; the Eastern view that the only absolute in the Universe is there are none. Emmy is right there has to be some guiding ethics and morals and I think Scott your reply confirms that you are employing them but using common sense in their flexibilty, I agree with what you did, provided the recepient is aware and agrees that in severe cases it is right to do so as a one off and then like Emmy said encourage the to get help where they can learn skills to cope by themselves. I regards to hysteria permission can't be sort and having had to deal with that power reaction myself as a Security Officer and Doorsupervisor even if your not an Empath you would still do something from a general empathy stance so adding Empath skills only increase the chances of calming the person down before something tragic happens so do we say it is ethically wrong for a Police Offiser to talk down a suicide no of course not. Ethics help us to think before we act if they become to flexible its corruption if to rigid it is lifeless. No set of rules will ever cover every scenario what happens when you try you end up with a very convoluted set of rules that bog the process down Western legal systems are a perfect example.

Thanks Scott for this discussion please share more this projection thing is wonderful and scary at the same time as I am unskilled and my ethical concern is should I be in bad mood either concious or sub-conciously from my own emotions or others this could get project though. I have noticed positive flow out negatives suck in. Yet apparently I was told by the people in this group when I was sheilding as I didn't no what I was but naturally blocked out the negatives in the workplace that I hurt peole this way. The reason less sensitive people can sense the positives in an Empath and when the Empath shuts down hard the ones that care about them sense that even if on the surface they are still warm and friendly. This subject you raise is important we must be careful how we sheild as well. We have to remember evn less sensitive folk have intuitive senses as well. Sorry for the lenghty reply but this an important issue and thanks for raising it Scott

KitKat
@kitkat
2 years ago
25 posts

It deepens what you project I and opening up so much people whom have already told me I am well liked for being just objective an openminded appreciate that and feel inspired. This was done with words every fibre in my body vibrates with this now. I am sure you don't mean a direct specific projection I think people that shine with joy and love Empath or no should shine, it encourage others to open up as well if done in gentle flow. I used to be an introvert and at times disliked charismatic people for never giving up the space to others. Then I realised they are Narciccists the trully Charismatic care for others and I certainly wouldn't tell those people to tone it down and not force the happiness and energy on others, playing it small to make others comfortable isn't enlightened but of course precise intrusions are wrong without consent but if Empaths have this ability it needs controlled research otherwise we could be throwing away a positive stage in our evolution just because of the negative which is always there as a potentiality anyway in anything happening, thought or idea.

The immediate concern which I am sure Marty has thought is that we all need make sure we are not projecting negatives whilst unaware and how to prevent this when feeling negative.

Scott Yates
@scott-yates
2 years ago
62 posts

There are good and bad in everything and as Marty stated, there is a fine line between help and interference. For this reason, one must institute moral, ethical, and common sense guidelines as to when and how projecting and drawing of emotions should be used. Also, Tam is right; the one who it is being used on should be informed of what you are doing and their permission given. The morality of this ability can be argued til the end of time with no real conclusion. I believe that its a personal choice whether or not one implements it into their practices. Though it can help in severe cases the empath faces when helping others, we have to also face the fact that it can also be taken to the dark side and hurt people as well. Truthfully, it is manipulation of emotions. This is why guidelines MUST be set in place when using this ability. Keep your intentions pure and keep your abilities in the light.

KitKat
@kitkat
2 years ago
25 posts

I absolutely agree. On that note to be responsible if there is such a time I am low I will withdraw either empathically or in person anyway be it my negs or sombody elses. Still have to watch the distance projection but I think a natural sheilding will occur at least for me in that situation. Good luck with your discoveries ScottI think we can rest assured you approach this with the right attitude. If there is any advice you could offer friend me. I am more interested in knowing than using to prevent my doing so unwittingly, though intentions as you say covers that. I wonder if it is possible to channel out the negative stuff we get without sending it in the wrong direction, as an alternative to shielding I did the sheilding without realising and it can end up rusting shut and it has not been easy prying it open again. Shutting myself off as harmed not just myself but others that have wanted to connect with me as well and could not.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book