Since there's been so much talk...

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
It seems to be the consensus, and I agree, that empaths are easily targeted by narrcicists. Do you think these people know what we are, beyond just that we are compassionate and understanding? I say this because I never tell anyone what I am. It feels like it's bragging or something (even though im convinced everyone COULD do it). But they always know anyways. They are always the first to say "hey I can do that too" after they start asking questions and I explain. But they are usually the last person I think of when I think of empathizing and kindness. Like I said, I truly believe everyone is capable of it, but that doesn't mean I think everyone does it. Though the world might be better off if we all did.Anyways, does anyone else ever feel some people claim to be empaths but are actually narrcicists in disguise, wanting to find another way to secretly tell you what you feel and how you should feel?
updated by @emmy-long: 10/18/17 03:31:54PM
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Hey door: it wouldn't let me post the reply under your post but I do think I understood most of what you were saying. I suppose I just assume compassion comes with empathy because that's how it worked for me, and I couldn't imagine it any other way. It does make sense though how you put it. So do you think that these narcissistic people are coming to me because I give them the ego boost they are looking for? Because I'll admit that in trying not to be mean or insensitive to anyone, I most likely do give them this boost.
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi MA,

Great article....I sent it to a few people. Thanks!

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

I don't think narcissists think about anybody but themselves. So I don't think they target us, but since we're more willing to listen and sympathize, they tend to hang around us a little too long.

There are narcissistic empaths, and evil empaths, and abusive empaths. Empathy is a talent, not a character trait. It's how you use your gift that counts.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

What I noticed is that you separate empaths from narcissists and they can be one in the same. In fact, the most devious narcissists are highly emphatic for they know exactly what to say in order to produce the desired reaction. Being compassionate and being an empath are not the same thing. There are many empaths who are compassionate as they work from the heart chakra, but there are many who are not.

I hear people say on this site that they wish everyone was an empath. That could be a very dangerous thing. If more people were kind and compassionate (whether they were empaths or not) it would make the world a better place.

As we can only see things from our own perspective, and as you are a caring and heart centered person; it's difficult for you to see how someone could be an empath and be self centered. But they are out there.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

Sounds similar to two people I knew. One was a shaman, the other was very accomplished at shifting energy and time travel. They had a great deal of knowledge but they allowed their ego to get in the way and as a result, wounded many people. I'm not one to follow a particular teaching, but at the time, I was young and just starting on my path. It took some years to learn that not everything that looks "light and loving" is so. However, I'm grateful for the lessons, although painful. Discernment is required while walking a spiritual path

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

That sounds like an exciting story! For me, it's easier to remove the labels- empath, sociopath, etc and focus on what is the spiritual lesson. Our relationships have a soul agreement and there are lessons to be learned on both sides. Our lessons often involved challenging people and situations but that's where there is an opportunity for growth.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

Thanks. Your story raises an interesting point. I know so many people who are in search of answers and latch on to a teacher. No matter how good the teacher is, there is always the danger of the student relying too heavily on the "truths" of the teacher, not realizing that they already have the information they seek, if only they look within.

The best teachers are those who say "take what you need and when ready, move on".

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

Wow, thank you especially as I don't think my brain is fully up to speed. I'm glad the elusive Bing found you and got you here. You'll find a wide variety of people here, and many different points of view.

I agree with your approach and I like the intertwining of student and teacher. We never stop being the student. We're here to share the information and I think many of us realize that in this lifetime, it's about each of us becoming our authentic self - the master. I know the feeling about followers, they need someone to tell them what to do and then they need someone to blame.

I have started seeing crystal patterns and grids but not within people's heads, just more in visions. I also did a few readings in which people told me about seeing crystal grids in their dreams or visions. So, it looks like many of us are receiving this info. I take it that you are seeing these crystals in the heads? I'm interested in what you've learned about it.

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Yes! That is how I meant to explain it but couldn't find the words. Like sociopaths love the idea of being empathic because of the "say so" they think it gives gen. And I also have the same problem of understanding a persons heart and still falling for their tricks. I think maybe it's because even bad people have SOME good in them and that's always what I look for. At least that's what I telling myself. :)
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Pat: I'm still young and learning. Haha. Unfortunately I still think people are all good and some may say my mind is TOO open. But I'm currently going through a situation where I'm learning otherwise. Not with a teacher but just about people in general. Funny how life interlaps.
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

That wasn't quite how i meant it. On a soul level, we are very loving, wise and compassionate. And what I think you may be doing, is reading people at the soul level. And this is lovely. However, there is also the personality (the empath, the narcissist etc) and when you are seeing the beautiful soul, you can get attacked by the personality.

On a soul level, we have agreements to work through various lessons. This is not apparent at the level of the personality. What i'm trying to say is that when you look at the overall picture of the situations that you have helped create - you may start to see a theme play out. And the people and situations that you attract are trying to help you see that theme. It doesn't mean on a personality level that they understand but on a soul level, they are helping you.

I know that you wish to see the best in everyone but you can do that from the soul level. If you have someone with a crappy personality, it's not your responsibility to help them, especially if it means causing you some suffering. You recognize that they are doing the best they can and you wish them well but often, you have to let people go.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

We just got off on a slightly different topic regarding teachers. I know you're still young and heck, we're all still learning. What I hope for you is that you never stop being open and loving but as you experience life, that you will come to realize that not every one has your best interest. And that you will be as loving to yourself as you are to others and that you will be protective of that innocent, loving side of yourself.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

That is fascinating. When you say center of the head - are you referring to the pineal gland? I would assume that if the vibration raises that this would also help to clear blocks in the body? I find this really interesting.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book