Does anyone ever see you for you?

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
All too often I think people look at me and see a kind heart and a pretty face. She's too nice to know my true intentions. She thinks the world is this beautiful bubble with no wrong. She hasn't known a days struggle in her life. Let me tell you something about struggle and what I know about the world. For every three good people there is a bad person. For every $20 you loan to a friend so they don't struggle, you'll spend a week stealing toilet paper from the gas station bathroom and shoving it in your purse so you can use your own toilet. For every sandwich you buy a friend, you'll eat a cold PB&J in your living room. And that's ok with me. I can live with the bad people because I know there's more good people out there. I'm ok with gas station toilet paper because at least I have a house to use a toilet in. I'm ok with PB&J because at least I'm not hungry. I'm ok with those things because I know what's it's like to not even have that.But it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt when people don't appreciate what I've done. How do you deal with the emotions, when you go without to help someone in need, and they are not only ungrateful, but still feel entitled to more? Yes the obvious answer is don't help them out anymore, and I don't. But still, it hurts. I believe what comes around goes around. Karma. Fate. Grace. What have you. But when does it pay off? I swear I wasn't meant to live on this earth. At least not in this time. I don't believe I'm better than anyone else, but sometimes I think I get the bigger picture before others do. If we don't help each other nobody will. We are all here now. We should all love each other, all do the work, and all reap the benefits. Does anybody else ever feel trapped in a reality that isn't the rest of the worlds "reality"?
updated by @emmy-long: 10/24/17 12:29:57PM
Paul
@paul
2 years ago
916 posts
Sure,I have been laughed at, called names and plain unappreciated just for putting time in as a volunteer to help those ungrateful fools. But its neither about them and all about you. I do it because in me, not them, it says help. But I'm changing, see, to help is neither good or bad just something to do. Just be. Be yourself and start living from there. Everything you need will come to you even the need to help. All bad things will go around. I will not fight unless Source says FIGHT! 2 cents
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I will continue to do good for the world, because I know it will pay off eventually and I know it's the right thing to do regardless. I will say though, that I no longer allow myself to be used. I'll help where I can, and often that means going without because I CAN go without. Reading through this post and the responses again, I had an epiphany. I don't think these people mean to be ungrateful, perhaps they just require more, and can't go without like I am able to do. I guess I shouldn't be hurt by them, but instead hurt for them. Because the things I am comfortable going without, are the things they feel they need and then some.
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

We all "should" but that term and free will don't necessarily go together. I heard a recent talk that discussed this issue. What was said is that a person who acts in the manner similar to the people around you, has not opened up to the light of their own soul. And the underlying motive for these actions is that they are looking for someone to pardon them, which is why these situations are created and you are the catalyst in their evolution. We can help others grow into their own consciousness by asking the universe to pardon them and allow them to be set free.

This does not mean that we continue to allow people to treat us unfairly, we pardon them and recognize that their actions have nothing to do with us. We also have to recognize that we do not live in a fair world however, we can strive to create a balance in all our relationships. We are slowly coming out of the old mentality of "you vs. me". For some, that means that it's all about "them" and for others it's about sacrificing for the other. Neither method works because it's not balance. When we approach relationships from a "we" mentality, we are looking for solutions and actions that help all. Your light, your needs, your wants are just as important as anyone else's. You are to be loved and respected and that often begins with placing the same value on your needs as you do for another.

it's difficult to hit the balance but it is necessary for our growth and others. Recently, a friend had a similar situation of helping someone who took advantage of this friend's kindness and generosity. This friend works in the spiritual/healing community and Spirit finally said "no more help" because the person wasn't interested in getting better, he wanted to stay in the mode of "needing help". We do the best we can, but there are times when we must let people go not only for our good but for their's too.

Crownite
@crownite
2 years ago
107 posts
I don't think I have to be 100% a part of the collective reality. I don't think anyone really is without losing a good chunk of their connection to their own soul and true source of happiness. I need to know how to function in the world and thrive in it without it controlling me and dictating my life's course and I think that can be a challenge at times. Don't worry so much about what other people say or how they perceive you. No one can perceive anyone fully and so their perception is skewed. Just do you and be you. I think in an attempt to prove who we truly are to the world, we can actually lose that sense of self.
Bing
@bing
2 years ago
547 posts

251_discussions.jpg252_discussions.jpg253_discussions.jpg254_discussions.jpg255_discussions.jpg

Hi Emmy

Yes many of us here at the EC have gone through much of what you are and have experienced. You came here at this time, just like the rest of us, to bring more Light, Life and Love into this world. You area Lightworker. Many of us have often been told, " You're too sensitive", "You're not 'normal' ", You're not from around here". LOL

Guess what ? They are right. We are not from around here and would like to "Go Home" to where we know that LOVE flows like the sunshine on our faces and is in the very air that we breathe. This is a very backward little planet with a very dense frequency. It is the hardest place to come to in the universe. We came here to help people see the oneness of all life and we lead by our example. You may not be able to do great things, but we can do small things with great LOVE.

I suggest that you go to this link

http://projectavalon.net/Dolores_Cannon_The_Three_Waves_of_Volunteers_and_the_New_Earth.pdf

and download the PDF version of The Three Waves of Volunteers and The New Earth by Dolores Cannon. It will help you to understand why we are different from the majority of people who actually believe that this is the only existence that there is. They are not connected to the Oneness as we are. They don't FEEL and are sensory deprived. I am also including a direct link to the Alan Watts section of my YouTube channel 1111Angels. Here you will find many talks givenby this very enlightened and spiritually advanced Lightworker. Most of what he says will be already known to you, but put together in a manner that will have you saying AHA, Yes that is the correct order.

Alan Watts

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDVeIE4vO-zB1KLcVzw8qoMEHZpG-Ddrj

Just know that you should take care of, and respect,yourself and not overextend your energies as you will be no good to others or yourself if you are burned out. Thank you for sharing this topic. It is something that we all need to see from time to time to remember that we are not alone and that there are others like us here in this world at this tumultuous time. I work with angels and told by the Archangel Chamuel to "BE THE LIGHT". Here is what I was inspired to write.

Be The Light

Be the Light in all that you think

Be the Light in all that you say

Be the Light in all that you do

Be the Light and shine the way.

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

The older I get, the more my face matches my personality! (I'm in my mid-fifties.) When I was young I looked so innocentand pretty and sweet, and people got me wrong ALL the time and treated me like a child or some kind of joke. I was in a constant state of rage because of the labels people stuck on me. I think people look at me now and see more of what's really there- kindness but also caution and a healthy dose of distrust.

Karma is real and it comes around, trust me on that. Sometimes it takes several years. But who you are and what you do eventually manifest themselves in the way you look and present yourself.Being an empath means you know more than most people, to the point of feeling like an alien. Just remember that many of us feel that exact same way and thank goodness for forums like this one!

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

Bing, people DO line up to help their fellow man. It just doesn't make headlines. The Haiti earthquake was a good example. People from many countries, various religions, all traveled there to help, or sent money or goods. I had to do a lot of research to find this out, since U.S. papers talked only about the "wonderful, generous USA", but I consider it a good example of what real people are really like, all over the place.

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Thanks Bing! I love that first quote by mother Theresa. I think I'll write it down and keep it with my others. The Dolores cannon video was very informative, just like her videos always are. :)
Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts

Hi Emmy,

I have been working on "purging" the negativity recently. I find that I cannot change others, but I can change my surroundings and whether to keep them in it or not. I always (try lol) to stay true to who I am; I don't hold back my empathism, I don't have any issue showing my love nor my fight when threatened, and I am very open and honest about everything -very communicative. I put my best self out there and see what is reciprocated.

Sometimes it works out great! I have one very new friend for example (male, I am female) who, one day when I was very upset about my interaction with another, told me he totally understood why I was upset: because that was just me, to care and love everyone and never draw judgement against good people -he said that's why so many people like me (which I didn't know :) My relationship with people like this friend is stronger because I give 100% of my self to them and they get to really know the core of me. My friend knows I am empathic, and to have him console me--in such a new relationship--with that in mind made my soul just sing!

Conversely, when someone "screws me over" I give them the benefit of the doubt (usually twice, two shots only): I express to them exactly how I feel and see how they react. They either have to convince me they are sorry, are understanding, or can show me with I was wrong by articulating their perspective -otherwise, I'm done. When I say done, I mean that quite literally: I block (not unfriend, block) on FB, delete phone numbers (or move them in my phone to a different area until I am ready to delete), move photos to a new folder hidden on my laptop; I completely cut that person and their hate or negativity totally out of my life (because ain't nobody got time for that crap!).

Then I take the situation to a current friend. I explain what happened, why I was upset, and we reflect on it. This helps build a closer friendship with this friend and strengthens my choice to move forward without the "bad person" in my life. I think validation from our friends helps with the grieving process because we don't second-guess everything then.

I think there are lots of people "like us" who don't identify as empath but hold the same "good person" core-values. I believe that every time I let a bad one fall out that I am making room for a new good one to move in. The best way to find good ones is to show you, well, are a good one :)

I don't believe I owe anyone anything. Anything (period). However, I would give the world to numerous people who deserve it. <3 I hope my rambling helps in some way.

Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts

Nope girl, imo you had it right before the epiphany. Some people believe they are entitled because of x, y, and z. In my book, no one is more entitled than the next person -everyone deserves the best possible and everyone needs to work hard for it. A person who deserves it and receives help from you will be thankful and repay you in kindness, repayment, gifts, words... a person who takes advantage of you will come back to the vending machine of Emmy to see what else comes out.

Don't waste your energy hurting for others who don't hurt for themselves -again, just my-very strong ;)-opinion!

There are many people who would welcome your help with love, prayer, kindness, hugs, tears, gifts, repayment (and paying if forward!) or whatever else they have; these are the people I hurt for because in their hurt they are trying but not succeeding.

Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts

Love this!

steffroxx
@steffroxx
2 years ago
5 posts

For me., I grew up without anyone understanding me, at 18 a man jogged by my friends house, we went to his home where he and two room mates lived, and I thought this man is too cute to be real. He asked us if we wanted to listen to some music. Being who I am, I said the name of a band that had just released an album the day prior to this day. He said, "I just got it yesterday". For 31 years we have been best friends..lllllI prayed for someone to understand me, and he jogged past me one day.

Until now, that was always enough, but life and distance gives me less and less time with him, and I feel lost, with that hopeless feeling that no one understands me, and I am surrounded by people that take advantage of my kind and generous nature, and so negative.

This too shall pass, what I am getting at is, that I think it is hard to understand ourselves with so many emotions inundating us constantly. Somehow by the time I am done with everyone else's feelings, it makes it so difficult to understand how I feel. If I do not understand myself, how can others.

I am grateful for this community, I am excited to read fellow Empath's stories, comments and replies in hopes that together we can find a way to live the best lives we can, the lives we were meant to live, joyous and filled with love,. instead of so much hurt, pain and suffering.

I pray we all find what it is we are searching for, in that, perhaps we can grow and help others like us suffer less and prosper more.

Peace be with you all.

Stephanie

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book