What do I do?

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
This community is wonderful and an absolute blessing in support and guidance, but I have been seeking face to face contact with another empath since I learned what I am. There isn't much discussion of anything "psychic" where I'm from and so it has been hard. I follow a page belonging to a local music venue on Facebook and I saw a member posted a link to another member about empath on it. I thought maybe I had finally found some other people like me in this tiny town. I got up the courage to message the person about this and see if they would be interested in meeting up. It didn't go so well. She basically told me she thinks everyone is an empath and that she doesn't understand what I would be interested in discussing if we met up but that she would be willing to get lunch. I haven't responded yet. I was a little disappointed. Do you think it would be a good opportunity talking to her or do you think it would be a waste of time and another let down?
updated by @emmy-long: 10/30/17 09:43:50AM
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

It sounds like you're just not ready, yet. It's like your hesitancy met her hesitancy.

I don't think what she said was arrogant or that she wasn't an empath; she was stating her belief. There are many in the metaphysical community that believe that all of us have the ability to be empaths and to be psychic depending on what we choose and, to some extent, how we are "wired". Some have their abilities set on "high" and others are on "low".

People want different things in these groups; some want to work on their abilities and others just want some type of community. So, there will be different expectations. Also, people have very different beliefs, not just in the one you mentioned above but in empath vs. psychic. I'm only mentioning this because you used the word "psychic". Many in the EC make a clear distinction between the two; other groups do not. All I'm saying is that you will encounter people with very different points of view.

They always say "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear" so, I think when you really feel ready, you will meet others and make friends. You're just dipping your toes in the water right now.

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Thanks for the feedback and sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I ended up not going for lunch with her but she owns the music venue here in town that I frequent so I'm sure I'll be seeing her around. I didn't go because I thought it might be weird just the two of us. I figure now we'll have something to talk about when I see her at the music venue and then maybe once we have chatted a few times, lunch in the future might be less awkward. I'm not going to let myself build up expectations for it to happen though. I think I'll just let things take their course.And as far as empathy being a "psyhic" trait, I'm not sure where I stand on that either. :) I just lumped it in with "psychic stuff" because I didn't know how else to explain it, and in this little town I live in that is how it would be viewed.
Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

Although her answer was kind of cold-blooded, I agree with her that there are many more empaths out there than you might guess. A lot of them don't know they're empaths.

I've had empath friends in the past (although I didn't realize it until now) and a few in the present. They can be wonderful or horrible. Just because you have one thing in common doesn't mean you'll have everything in common.

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Thank you :) I'm not giving up hope just yet :) I think I will try a few of your suggestions. I have considered taking my dog to some nursing homes for visits but she's still young and very hyper so I'm worried she would hurt somebody. I have been trying to work something out with the local animal shelter for a year now to get a program where we can take shelter dogs to the homes. But the shelter is very busy with other things and it hasn't been easy to get them to meet with me. I suppose I should take this as a sign to keep trying. :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book