overbearing an empatg quality?

To post a reply, login or signup

Christina Rogers
@christina-rogers
2 years ago
30 posts
Anyone told they're overbearing? No friends come out and say it. But I know.I think if the theory about being "made" into an empathy by childhood causes is true, my never-satisfied mother helped me become this way.You know a lot of us sometimes ask "what's wrong with me?"I ask myself "Why don't I have anything sincere to contribute besides overbearing knowledge/research? And if I stop, or no one needs my knowledge, what is the point of me?"THIS is the reason for my awful habit of posting link after link EVERYWHERE. I'm trying to validate my existence through the rest of you, they, everyone else.I know my path to fix it, but I was curious if it was just me.
updated by @christina-rogers: 07/24/17 11:10:04PM
Paul
@paul
2 years ago
916 posts

No one is made an empath, its already part of you via Source. Most people are just so caught up in the rat-race that they do not pay any attention. Empaths do and why they seem a bit overbearing because they notice way more than most. In myself it manifests as perceived stubbornness. But I now better.

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

Hmmm, if that's true, then I'm glad I'm not alone! I don't know what words people say about me behind my back, but I'm guessing that "overbearing" could be one of them. Andobnoxious, and arrogant, and opinionated. Which is weird, because when I was young, people told me I was too shy and to speak up andnot act "snotty".

Sometimes I feel like I know something that I feel I must get across to other people if I only try hard enough. I probably seem like I'm trying to pound things into people's heads, which I probably am.Sometimes it's something personal, but it could just as easily be something about the state of the world.I'm also very unwavering in my opinions, especially in middle age.

Your mother might be an empath too, which would make her unsatisfied about a lot of things. I know I'm a strong empath, but I don't feel like a warm, sweet, ethereal being, the way people seem to think we are. I'm quite ornery, anti-social, and stubborn. Maybe those are the roots of enlightened empathy? I'm just a beginner, after all. Who knows what will sprout from those roots?

Christina Rogers
@christina-rogers
2 years ago
30 posts

Thank you so much for all your responses! I really do appreciate a helpful discussion always! I definitely need to remain true to myself, but I can turn the volume down a little to make my more delicate friends comfortable with coming to me once more ;)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book