Low tolerance for BS

To post a reply, login or signup

Krissy
@krissy
2 years ago
13 posts
Sonce I have learned of my abilities, I feel like my eyes and my soul are open in a way they never were before. I see things I never noticed in people before. These last few months I've become MORE out spoken than I usually am...lol. I can tell in seconds that someone is lying and I immediately become slightly argumentative....wanting to prove them as being dishonest in a way. I'm complaining alot about people in my life that I usually accept for who they are. I don't know if this is just me or of other Empaths have gone through similar transitions. I'm hoping it's a transition. I feel like I'm being negative alot with all the conplaining. I'm usually a positive person.....
updated by @krissy: 07/12/17 10:19:22AM
Gin S
@gin-s
2 years ago
225 posts

It could be that you are just getting an overload of BS at the moment. Unless it is someone close to me I usually just smile and nod, lol. Probably with a bit of a quizical look on my face because I can feel that something is off about what they are saying. It took me a long time to realize what that feeling was, that feeling of lie detection.

I do see that you are aware of the negativity in yourself and don't like it. That is the first step. You can't change something if you don't realize it is there or don't feel the need to change it. Maybe some grounding time or a bit less time around these certain people for a while might help. Take a break and spend time doing something positive that you enjoy :)

Crownite
@crownite
2 years ago
107 posts

I think part of this is knowing when to let go of certain people and who you can let close to you and who you can't. I don't call people on their BS nor do I try to. And I stopped complaining because it brings me down. But sometimes you do have to complain until you find the strength to set proper boundaries. I just know who I can and can't let close, trust myself, and keep it going.

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Yeah I can definitely say I've been having some issues with this lately but I think mine stems from actually having more BS in my life than usual right now. Normally I have no issue with just nodding along as Gin suggested, but I have reached a point, it seems, where I am so sick of being lied to and disrespected that I just lose it. I had an incident last week (I posted a blog about it on the blog page here) and from it I learned there's no point in reacting the way I did. If somebody is pushing my buttons, I know I should simply eliminate them from my life and not stoop down to their level with hatred and revenge. It's hard sometimes when you give people the respect and consideration of honesty and they don't return it. I've learned liars aren't wotht the hassle.
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Well yeah I mean of course I'm reasonable about it. But lately people have been lying to get what they want from me and it's completely at my expense. I truly believe there is no such thing as a black and white situation and sometimes lying is necessary. But not when it's meant to use and manipulate another person.
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Haha. I definitely stood up for myself but some might not say there was much integrity to it. Oops. :) I kinda made a jerk walk 30 min home in the cold cuz he had been taking advantage of me and my car. To be fair I told him I had to be to work at 10 and he showed back up with my car at 9:57. I don't feel good for stopping to his level but I did smile all the way to work. I still think it's kinda funny even though it was mean. And hey, he hasn't asked to use my car again.
RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
2 years ago
110 posts

I am going through that right now...a close friend was mad at me today...and can't discuss it with me yet..BS.

I have a very good "feeling" its a misunderstanding,

A month ago her father died,boy friend dumped her and her daughter cut off all communication....so the past few weeks I have been doing what I normally do...help her and support her....in 30 minutes we are supposed to meet with 20+ others for dinner...so nowI am sort of messed up emotionally and we are going to be seated next to each other...this maybeone of those mixed up who are those feelings nights.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book