My Own Little Christmas Miracle :)

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts

Sometimes we get overwhelmed by the stresses that come with the holiday season. I needed a reminder of why we do all this every year, and tonight I got it! I thought I'd share the joy with everyone else, just in case anyone was looking for a little holiday pick-me up:

I work in a group home for adults with disabilities. I love my job, but it's easy to get down sometimes when you see the stuff some of these people go through. Needless to say, Christmas can be a tough time for them. Many of them have no family, or at least no family that contacts them anymore. They hear people talking about going home for the holidays and they have no where to go. It's sad. BUT this post is a happy one so I'll get back to what I was saying. So I work third shift and I come in and get told I am to wrap the gifts for them tonight while they are sleeping. I start to sort the gifts and stuff and I realize two of my clients don't have anything to unwrap in the morning. I started crying and my heart was broken. Then I started making calls. I called my boyfriend and asked if he'd drive to my work in the middle of the night so I could give him some money to go buy a few small gifts for them. He of course agreed because he's great and showed up here at midnight. Then I called my manager to let her know what was going on. She just happened to be at her in laws and when her mother-in-law heard what was happening she immediately started going around her house looking for gifts for my clients.

Then I hear a knock on the door. I open it up and another coworker who had heard what was happening showed up and had brought gifts for the two clients who had none. Then my manager shows up with two giant bags full of brand new coloring books, markers, toy cars, stuffed animals and so much more that her mother-in-law had given her to gift the clients. THEN, my boyfriend showed up with double the amount of gifts I had given him the money for (I'm a broke college student so I only had about $20 I could give). He pitched in to help get them gifts too. My clients are going to be so happy when they wake up, and it's all because of the generosity of others, some of whom haven't even ever met them.

People are so good. <3 The holidays offer a chance for us to love everyone. Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, merry Kwanzaa, happy holidays. Whatever you're celebrating this time of year, may you do it in love.

updated by @emmy-long: 01/12/17 09:13:24AM
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Hey Emmy, Merry Christmas to you. Love your sweet story.

I don't post to many discussions so I'm not sure if you can set the time when things are put on the site, I assume that you can't. So assuming that you can't and just posted when you were ready - did you notice the TIME that you posted this was 11:11.

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
I did not notice that until you pointed it out but it doesn't surprise me. :) Like so many others that number keeps popping up for me.
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
Well all of that adds up perfectly with why I have been experiencing and posting about lately. :) I feel a huge change for the better forming in me and also the world around me. Still haven't figured out what it is but I know it's coming. Thanks!
Visitor
@visitor
3 years ago
303 posts

I LOVE this story; thanks for sharing. :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book