Caffeine

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
Does anybody else find that when they drink caffinated drinks they pick up on negativity more easily? I usually have no problems letting negativity pass through me, but when I drink caffeine it's a whole different ball game. I seem to get these awful feelings of dread that I can't shake. I get really bad anxiety and it's a struggle to get it off my mind. I try to avoid caffeine for this very reason, but I work third shift and sometimes the only way to stay awake is a couple cups of coffee. Since I've realized the caffeine is the cause of these feelings it's become a little easier to talk myself down, but I was wondering if this happens to anyone else and if you have any helpful tips?
updated by @emmy-long: 04/02/17 06:30:27AM
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
I would like to try use something other than caffeine to stay awake but I haven't found anything else that works yet. I can't try the binaural beats thing because I can't wear headphones at work. I work in a group home for adults with developmental disabilities and I have to be able to hear them if they get up or need something or worse case scenario fall or choke.
Sammie
@sammie
3 years ago
106 posts
Yes. In fact there is a post about this if you want to read some more responses. Caffeine and alcohol open me up especially if consumed on an empty stomach.
Visitor
@visitor
3 years ago
303 posts

It depends on the source of the caffeine for me. Coffee is a straight upper - it makes me calm and happy. Cola drinks make me nervous, anxious, panicky, and jittery. Chocolate - which has a chemical similar to caffeine - makes me really angry, depressed, and gives me bad dreams. When I eat chocolate I start hitting walls and breaking things and screaming for no reason.

If you can't drink caffeine but need something to give you energy, try some liquid Vitamin C. I take that every day and it energizes me. It usually comes in an orange flavor. Make sure you're drinking enough water, too.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book