Interview with a killer.

To post a reply, login or signup

lizw47
@lizw47
3 years ago
36 posts

I had a job interview for an administrative assistant type position this morning. The interviewer was very nice and overall the interview seemed to go well. Well I ran his name through a search engine (the interviewer and guy I would be working for) and it turns out this guy killed somebody back in 2006, spent several years in prison, and just got out a little while ago. I consider murder to be the most heinous of crimes. Eeeekkkk. And I have no idea why my empath button was not going off?! "Danger, danger, killer alert! Killer alert!" haha. Oh boy. I do not think I would take this job if they offered it to me... so much dark energy...

updated by @lizw47: 03/13/17 06:01:24AM
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
I seem to notice that the things I take notice of most directly effect my relationship with the person. Like others said maybe it wasn't "that" kind of murder as so it wouldn't have made a difference one way or the other and that's why no alarms went off. None the less, I'm sure it was unsettling and I'm sure there will be other job opportunities. :) maybe best to sit this one out.
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

There's a number of problems with this; like others have written, are you sure this is the same guy?

Also, if he killed someone in 2006 and it takes usually a year before going to trial and even if the guy was incarcerated prior to the trial, the number of years served would be about 7-8. Laws vary from state to state but the minimum for 2nd degree would be at least 10 years. And forget first degree as he would still be serving. Unless there was an overturn of the conviction, this person would still be serving time.

Also, the categories of murder can include killing without intent - vehicular homicide and a host of other situations that one wouldn't normally think of as murder. I don't know what you used for a search but there are ways to get a background check. I think you can go through the DMV and there are sites such as intelius and beenverified, You do have to spend some money for the criminal check. Even using sites like this, you have to be sure that you have an absolute match - the right age, the right state, etc.

Paul
@paul
3 years ago
916 posts

Why go in a room with a hungry Lion? Just don't go in at all.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

None taken but I listed the minimum not the average which is much higher. I was just puzzled that someone convicted of murder in 2006 would already be out and employed ? I looked up the years for sentencing and it's just too wide throughout the country as each state has different parameters as to what constitutes certain crimes. So, I just looked for the states with the lowest number of years for second degree and ball-parked the number. But yes, it's normally in the 15-20 years; and higher.

Angel
@angel
3 years ago
607 posts

First off, you have to make sure it is the same person and you will need a date of birth or social security number to do that. Second, a blanket search over the internet isn't going to give you a thorough story of what the circumstances was and third, most people do thorough backgrounds checks and will not hire someone with a violent crime record.

There is a really good chance that the interviewer is not your guy unless he is the owner and even that is iffy. I used to work at a prison and we had this kid there. He went down for 7 years for involuntary manslaughter. Now on the surface that sounds really bad. But the reality is is he took his date and some friends to prom. Afterwards they did a bit of drinking and he was the driver. (The kid was only 16 at that time). Needless to say they got into a car accident that killed his girlfriend that bumped his charge from DUI to involuntary manslaughter. The moral of this story (true btw :) ) is that you really don't have enough information. What if it is him and he shot an intruder trying to rape his wife? What is he is an old man being attacked by some teenager and pulled out his gun and self defence, but still the judge felt he needed to some time? (I've seen that one to).

If your spidey senses didn't go off during the interview, but did go off afterwards, then it's most likely fear. I would suggest getting more information on this person, if you haven't already and then make a judgement call.

lizw47
@lizw47
3 years ago
36 posts

woahh didn't come on here for a few days and the responses blew up!

He has a very unusual, ethnic sort of name. When you google him, you are instantly hit with two things: a picture of him from a few years ago in the county courthouse in handcuffs, and a picture of him today at the company I was applying for in our city.

Thanks for the responses everybody :)

Visitor
@visitor
3 years ago
303 posts

Maybe your empathy button was on and he's not dangerous to you.

He killed somebody - but what kind of murder was it? Cold-blooded, premeditated? Rape plus murder?A stranger, or hiswife's lover? Self-defense? A bar fight? Is he a serial killer or was this just one time he lost his temper and went too far?

I think you're right not to take the job if it would make you nervous to work for him. But I worked with a guy who killed somebody. He didn't do any prison time because the guy was trying to break into his house and attack him and his girlfriend. He was a nice guy and I wasn't afraid of him. But you have to follow your gut.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book