Empath Gifts Being Called a Load of Crap by Loved Ones

To post a reply, login or signup

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

My husband came back from a day trip to St. George today. He said it was a lot like Sedona "but without all that new age crystal load of crap." Nice. It reminded me that I needed to charge my crystals tonight. :D

He doesn't get this being an empath thing or anything that goes with it at all. He is supportive, but has, obviously, some underlying hostility to it. Good thing he doesn't know my first deck of oracle cards are coming in the mail tomorrow :) . This being an empath thing is hard because when most people have gifts and talents, they are celebrated. With us, our most sacred gifts, people either say they aren't real or we are crazy. I'm not sure he'll ever see it or appreciate it unless they do a series on NPR about how it is real and good, then he might believe in it somewhat, but until then, it can get pretty lonely. I'm sure you all can relate. I'm glad I have you all.

I found out today that a lady at my work is an empath, too, and so are her kids. It's always so nice to meet other empaths. It's not something I really talk about that much, so when it comes up out of the blue, when you meet another person like us, it feels like a gift from the universe. Especially when it gets called a load of crap at home.

updated by @sarah: 03/13/17 09:38:41AM
Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Paul, haha! I've seen that look on people's faces before. I rarely tell people about my gifts and all that, but once or twice, I have and gotten that response. :D

Gene, I keep it mostly quiet, too. My husband has no idea I can do past life healings and that I know my spirit guides and all that. My daughter has many of the same gifts I do, and we don't tell him. It would be too hard for him to take. Fortunately, both she and I have friends who understand and are like us, so we have people to share it with.

Paul
@paul
3 years ago
916 posts
Yes and I apologize to you all and the moderator for that word. I shall endeavor to keep it G rated. One good thing about that galaxy tarot app is the daily card to learn the meanings. BTW, I am not into divination at all.
Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

The weird thing is he is sensitive. It's one of his defining characteristics. This empath thing and the gifts that go with it seems to hit a hard place for him. I understand, though. We were both raised very religious. We met at a religious school and married in our temple and raised our kids in our faith. When I started doing energy work, I started healing and opening up and started moving away from our religion. My kids moved away first, then six months ago, I left. He's the only one left. He might blame the empath stuff for the shift in my faith because learning about those gifts and using them is what opened everything up. Our religion teaches that if you are not active in the church then you will lose your family in the eternities, so my stepping away is no small thing. If the tables were turned, I'd be suffering, too. At the same time, there is never an excuse for verbal abuse or that kind of angry passive aggressive behavior. I do deserve respect.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

It's funny you should mention gamer/nerd sub-culture because that's my husband. Lots of the time that subculture is filled with people who are intuitive in one way or another for some reason. My husband isn't like that. He is very down to earth and practical and five senses guy. I hardly tell him the tip of the iceburg about what I can do with my energy work and my empath stuff because I know he just wouldn't be able to handle it at all. I think he is doing his best to cope, but like the rest of us, our best sometimes isn't very pretty. I'm glad you have a supportive group of friends. That is such a blessing.

B
@b
3 years ago
252 posts
That's what I don't like about a lot of religions that they need control. My God only needs for me to love him thank him live my life in his manor. And be saved. I do help others in need and try to spread the word and I do give to some churches when I can. One thing to remember is that because someone dosent understand empath or other healing abilities dosent mean they have to respect it. They should simply to be a good soul but don't have to. If you tell him it hurts your feelings and it's not cap to you maybe he will refrain from saying those things. Good luck
Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

I agree with you on religion. I think there are lots of ways to be a good person in this life and fulfill your purposes as a human being.

I think we should respect all things that are important to another person even if we don't understand it. It's part of believing in and trusting that other person. I think if someone is into something dangerous or harmful, that's one thing, but if it's something that's just different from your own experience and seems to make the other person happy, we should always respect it.

Paul
@paul
3 years ago
916 posts

Some may think that I am godless. it is not correct as I choose to look internal for that and Source is my....Source. As for religions, I find that to be a very private issue and I expect not to force their way onto others like all religions do, which is the problem I have with all of them...and control is one of the worst traits they all have.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

I think all real faith comes from inside and is deep and personal like you said your was. I think religion is just a framework that helps people get to that place. For some people it is the only way they can connect to that source, so it is a very good thing. Others don't need it.

I agree with the control thing being one of the worst traits. It's one I was buying into all my life, and I am just now starting to free myself from.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book