How do you deal with guilt???

Retrogirl
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
I realize how much guilt I carry, and I have absolutely no clue how to deal with it!! Can anyone give me some suggestions?
updated by @retrogirl: 01/15/17 09:47:45PM
Angel
Angel
@angel
8 years ago
607 posts
pin-point where that guilt is comeing from, usually it's something that we did that caused hurt or pain to ourselves or someone else. Except what you did and forgive yourself. When you can do this, you'll move on and the guilt will be layed to rest. If you can resolve it with that person, than do so, which will also help.
Angel
Angel
@angel
8 years ago
607 posts
good point!!
Bruce
Bruce
@bruce
8 years ago
207 posts
Hello Retro, try this one it might help.http://empathcommunity.ning.com/profiles/blogs/a-box-of-frogs-3a-anotherAlso I neither accept blame nor do I apportion blame, I accept the responsibilty for my actions and now release this energy.Wishing you wellAngel Blessings
Roxanne
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
I think *guilt * is part of being an untrained empath. We feel we are *suppose to be doing something* all of the time.Often our intuitive nature gives us answers that others can't access, so we feel *if we can just push ourselves to handle this one thing...then we'll take a break*.But sometimes that break never comes because something else comes up..and we are pushing ourselves through one more thing...Or sometimes we break....and we feel like somehow that breakdown is a sign of our own *weakness*. The more I understand, the less power these patterns of behavior have over me.Hugs.....Keep learning.
Roxanne
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Pam:Every time you say butterflies and blessings I SEE butterflies. You are a powerful *sender*.Hugs.
Roxanne
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Atta girl...spread the love.<3
Roxanne
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Why should I help you deal with guilt?!!You brought it all on yourself. It's all your fault this guilt exists in the first place and now you want ME TO HELP YOU!!That is just like you trying to dump all of your garbage on other people so that you can go off and play with your polly pocket dolls.Did I make you feel guilty? -- Then tell me to *shut the F#*k up*.....and that's how you deal with guilt.Love you,Rox
Roxanne
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
hehehehe...Hey, Pat...((((((((((((((( ATOMIC HUGS)))))))))))))))to you.;-)
Retrogirl
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
Geez... I almost forgot I posted this! LOL!!
Retrogirl
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
The problem is, I carry so much guilt, most of the time there isn't even a source. It started so early in my life, almost from the time I was born because my parents started fighting after I was born. It's taken me a long time to piece all this together, I just sort of absorbed this feeling like I was the root of all evil in the world. So, if anything goes wrong, I automatically blame myself for it. The feeling was so pervasive in my life that for a long time, I was completely blind to it, I had absolutely no idea it was there, even though it was everywhere.
Retrogirl
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
Interesting. Thanks, Bruce, I'll have to try that!
Retrogirl
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
I see what you're saying, Malene. So, guilt is not a genuine feeling, it's more like a cover to keep you from feeling something else. A distraction. Ever since I've been trying to heal (for about 20 years now), I felt like there was this sticky, gooey substance attached to me that I couldn't get rid of. I didn't know what it was. I think it was guilt!
Retrogirl
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
Aww!!! Hugs.
Retrogirl
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
Thanks, Lynn. I'm only just becomming aware of it. It does seem like a source of manipulation, for sure. I think this is the source of irrational anger & frustration, too, because the guilt was causing me to react in anger that was misdirected. If someone asked me to do something, I couldn't say no because of the guilt, but it wasn't THAT PERSON who was making me feel guilty, it was guilt from my childhood causing me to feel angry at their request. What I was really angry about was the fact that I couldn't say no, and I didn't know why. If that makes any sense. This is what's been sucking away my personal power. Yes, forgiveness, too. Very important.
Retrogirl
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
There's that F-word again!! LOL!! I must practice this, I feel like it gets caught in my throat when I try to even utter the words.
Retrogirl
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
Yes, good idea Brenoir!
Retrogirl
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
"to the point that I still apologise for breathing."Yup, I know the feeling! When I was younger, I had myself convinced I was the devil incarnate. I felt like all I did was hurt people and cause disaster & strife wherever I went.
Retrogirl
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
Yeah, the only way I knew where my boundaries were is if they got trampled. Even then, I couldn't protect them, I just knew where they were. I felt so much pressure to be doing stuff that I became practically immobilized. I couldn't do what *I* wanted because if someone criticized it in any way (which was inevitable), I would be crushed. The more I did for others, the more drained I felt. And yet, there was no "reason" for me to be feeling any of this (or so I was told). Man, I feel like I've lived my life in a straight jacket!
Retrogirl
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
8 years ago
317 posts
Oh Roxy, you silly goose!!! I could never tell you to shut up!!!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book