Longtime lurker, first time poster

To post a reply, login or signup

karenew
@karenew
3 years ago
11 posts

I realized that I am an empath around March this year. My husband took me to New Orleans for the first time for my birthday and I had a reading. The gentleman was so accurate that it was crazy. I had heard the term empathy, but didn't realize that people could be empaths. Once I got home and started looking around the internet, a lightbulb went off.. a REALLY big lightbulb.

I knew that being around people, I would often feel "drained", but didn't know why. I could always sense others emotions without them telling me. And I seem to have very thin skin and constantlyworry about letting others down. I can normally spot if someone is lying/not being truthful.

I have read a lot of the forums, trying to get information and learn.

My familywould thinkthat I am flirting with the devil/occult if I mentioned my gifts, so I don't tell them. (Thankfully my husband completely supports me as do a few close friends.)

I live in theBiblebelt, small town USA-- so not a lot of information to find nearby. Although I have started taking yoga to center myself.

Thanks for listening (reading)

updated by @karenew: 06/14/17 02:20:35AM
inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Karen and welcome to the EC, glad to see you finally joined in. Trust your instincts now too.?

karenew
@karenew
3 years ago
11 posts

thank you so much for the warm welcome. :)

karenew
@karenew
3 years ago
11 posts

Thank you. It is amazing how many people are realizing their gifts.

karenew
@karenew
3 years ago
11 posts

I do. It is a bit overwhelming, but slowly learning.

Dice
@dice
3 years ago
284 posts

Welcome to the EC :)

I can certainly understand what you are going through. I was living my life wondering what was wrong with me when someone had to practically scream out to me what I am. I wasn't sure what they meant and soon after found this community. The more I read and listened the more it all made sense... still making connections a couple of years later.

It can be baffling at how long we go without realizing. I can only now start to understand the impact that my environment had on my ability to see.. and there is good and bad there. Fortunately for me I have a couple of people who accept me no matter.

Take advantage of resources and find what resonates with you!

Onward and Upward!!

Dice

karenew
@karenew
3 years ago
11 posts

it was my first time to visit New Orleans and my soul sang the entire time we were there! I don't remember the gentleman's name, but he worked at Marie Laveau's store. (I would guess that he was mid 30s, glasses.. that's all I remember)

karenew
@karenew
3 years ago
11 posts

thank you for welcoming me!

I am still coming to grips with my gifts. It seems that somedays my gift is more off (or on) than others, so I am trying to figure out what I want. (More control of when it is on/off? For itto be stronger? Knowledge of my gift in general?) Some of these questions I have to find the answers within myself and for others.. well.. trying to learn as much as I can so that I can make informed decisions. Trying to find books on the topic seem to be a bit difficult, but not giving up hope.

Gin S
@gin-s
3 years ago
225 posts

Welcome to EC. I hope you find it as helpful and comforting here as I have. You will find so much information here. :)

Visitor
@visitor
3 years ago
303 posts

Welcome!! You sound like you belong here.

karenew
@karenew
3 years ago
11 posts

I am reading a book that mentions enneagram. I didn't know what that meant, but thanks to the power of google.. I found an online test. (I know, not super reliable.) The results given were 2W1. (Once again.. google was helpful to explain the results.)

Between that result and MB test result of ISFJ..
and being an empath...

Yep.. all the results seem to line up to the same thing.

Bing
@bing
3 years ago
547 posts

Hi Karen

Welcome HOME !!!

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book