Really???

To post a reply, login or signup

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
3 years ago
794 posts

An empath knows no limits to what we can and cannot absorb like the sponges we are. Sometime ago, I scared myself silly when I laughed verbatim like this woman on my favorite show Big Brother does. Her laugh is very ultra annoying and to duplicate that unknowingly scared me cuz I didn't know something like that was possible. Like I scanned her traits and picked up something she is known for.

Grammar on the internet is troubling to read because so many people use improper grammar. And this isn't me being a grammar snob, but what I did, which I knew I would never ever in a million trillion years do because it's not how I spell, added another notch to the "OMG" column of I can't believe I just did that. Even on good days, where I may not be tired, low on energy or what have you, I type up an entire paragraph and before I submit it, I proof read and see that I spelled their "there" and too "to". As I said, that's not how I spell. Online or otherwise. However, I am exposed to it everyday and now I'm afraid I've picked up subtle habits of other people. And spelling is so minute. Who would ever think as an empath, you would pick up someone's grammar habits? That's the only explanation I have.

If I can pick up two things such as an annoying laugh and improper grammar usage, it makes me wonder, what else is an empath capable of soaking up over time? When I was new to all this, I was having an identity crisis that my brother Wolf helped me get through cuz I didn't know who I was if I am a person who picks up habits and traits from others. Who am I underneath all that? Will I ever know? I find myself using phrases people from my past have used daily. So even if these people are not my favorite people, I've got a part of them with me always and I DO NOT LIKE THAT.

Now I'm beginning to worry about the future when I grow as an empath and spiritual person. Will I start absorbing sickness and illness from people? To what extent? Will I live with this illness forever or will it eventually fade? I have so many unexplained pains that I deal with. And I'm not a well person by nature. I've got my own issues, but how do I know if it's mine as opposed to someone else's? Right now, my lower right quadrant of my back is in immense pain that came outta nowhere. It's mildly affecting the way I walk. When I walk, I feel it the most. I know my brother deals with back problems that affect his walking and we are connected. I have felt him before. So who knows???

Jonny

updated by @the-importance-of-being-jonny: 07/28/17 09:54:40AM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Hi Jonny,

You might want to look into Clairsentience because that could be what you are dealing with when you refer to the aches, pains, etc.

Huggs & Love,

Josette

3 years ago
794 posts

Based on my life experiences in contrast to my being empathic, I know this is an empath trait. I would rather know why something is happening than to not know why something is happening. It's not that we blame everything on being an empath, it's just that there is a reason why things happen the way they do. There are people out there that go through life forever not knowing anything about themselves. My awareness is much higher now than it was years ago, so when I pick up traits from people, I know it's due to exposure and not because we hear or see things that we may subconsciously use without knowing it.

3 years ago
794 posts

Thanks Josette,

I'm also gonna ask Wolf where his pain is. All I know is this lower back pain is affecting my mobility. It hurts to walk and that sounds exactly like the pain he described sometime ago.

Visitor
@visitor
3 years ago
303 posts

Empaths have to be careful about the people they surround themselves with. Some empaths have developed good boundaries against outside influence, such as negative emotions, and others are very absorbent. I don't have good boundaries and find myself alone a lot.

3 years ago
794 posts

I notice with me, I tend to go to bed feeling fine and the next day I awaken feeling sore like somebody beat me up bad.

3 years ago
794 posts

That's that I can remember, yes. I can't remember having a violent or unpeaceful dream for a couple of years.

3 years ago
794 posts

LOL! YES. Rachel "nobody comes between me and my man!" Reilly.

3 years ago
794 posts

Yeah, I was actually thinking of Rogue when I wrote this topic.

3 years ago
794 posts

Your grammar is fine. Thanks for the advice and input.

3 years ago
794 posts

Sometimes it is easy to follow the beat and even hum along when I don't know the song.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book