Who am I?

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts

Does anyone else ever wonder this? By this I don't mean I don't understand my own emotions or feelings. I just mean sometimes I don't feel like I'm the same as other people. Like I'm this thing other than human and I'm the only one of my kind on the planet. It's not a good feeling either. Not a feeling like I'm something greater than everyone else, but just a feeling that I'm different. It is kind of a lonely feeling. I have friends, a great family, and an amazing boyfriend, and while I know they love me, I don't think any of them understand how I perceive things. And I think that is what makes me feel so different from everyone, I don't think anyone perceives things as I do. The world is so different to me.

Does anyone else experience this? Like you aren't from planet Earth?

updated by @emmy-long: 07/23/17 03:34:35PM
Visitor
@visitor
3 years ago
303 posts

Yes!!! I feel like a visitor (hence my username) to this planet. I think there are thousands, maybe millions of people, who aren't originally from earth and feel very strange here. I feel like I came from another planet or dimension, a much gentler society with a much slower pace of life. Earth is beautiful but I feel like humans are (mostly) very backward, savage creatures. Fortunately I know I'm not alone in feeling that way.

Visitor
@visitor
3 years ago
303 posts

I'm a Christian and I believe in reincarnation. I didn't choose to believe in either one - but I believe in them. They both seem real and solid. I don't have the experience of people listening to everything I say (quite the opposite, ha ha), but I'm sure a lot of people recognize something in you when you speak. Yes, there is such a thing as an old soul.

B
@b
3 years ago
252 posts
Thought it was just me. When people ask me questions I answer with the most off the wall answers. And they say no I meen where or what this or that. And i feel silly for my initial responce.and it's simple things like what do you want to do? My answer is the best job posable. That's not what they were looking for rather the job I wanted.
Gin S
@gin-s
3 years ago
225 posts

Me too. I get along better with people older then myself. I prefer to do things the old way myself. I don't feel I am from another planet but from another time here, a simpler time. I just don't fit in this selfish, materialistic, high techtime. Even though I am only 34 and grew up with tech.

As far as reincarnation and christianity. I read that reincarnation used to be included in the bible but they decided to remove it. I believe it was around the 1500s they did that but I could be wrong. I used to think reincarnation did not exist because it wasn't in the bible. Now I am contemplating it and researching to form my own thoughts and opinions on it.

Gin S
@gin-s
3 years ago
225 posts

I feel like the normal one too and I use those exact words all the time."What is WRONG with you people?!"I think part of this might relate to common sense for me. I get frustrated with people who don't havecommon sense. Why can't you see what I see, or at least stop and think for a minute about things.

I can relate to feeling tired too. I feel like I have been doing this too long now. It is weirdbecause I was young when I started feeling like that. I hadn't had time to be tired of living yet. I do not have any recollections of living other lives. Though I decided to try braiding our onions this year and it felt like I had done it a lot of times before. That happens sometimes when I try things the old way. I don't drive and would much prefer a reliable old horse instead. That feels more comfortable and normal to me then driving around in speeding metal death traps especially with allthe drivers who put others at risk. Not that horses are totally safe but they dogive back to the earth instead of polluting it. This high speed technical age has it's good points but it is not comfortable for me. I do make full use of the internet in my research though. I am still tired but at least I have a goal and a purpose now somewhat.

Dice
@dice
3 years ago
284 posts

Most of my childhood was spent waiting for someone to come get me!! I felt displaced somehow but I could not really talk about it to anyone. I love my parents and family but I always had the feeling in the back of my head that someone really would be coming back to get me.

Dice
@dice
3 years ago
284 posts

I get along with older people too! I guess it is no surprise right! When I read the beginning of your post I saw something that is not there now (because I am crazy you see). I could see you turning to someone and *pshh*. I do not fit in either, though I try to find ways to experience what I need to and try to make the best of the time I have.

I always felt like someone was coming to pick me up. I was told when I was younger I would talk about people in the old photos. I know one time I did look up when talking about one of my family members when I realized the house was completely silent. Nothing better than that to make you feel like you are in the wrong place at the wrong time!

B
@b
3 years ago
252 posts
Nicely put and true
Gin S
@gin-s
3 years ago
225 posts

You know I kind of had that feeling to now that you mention it. Like I belonged else where and would be picked up one day. It could have just been a wish to escape my childhood though.I use to pretend my real parents were coming to rescue me and my parents weren't actually my parents. My mom was right there so that was a bitweird.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Yea, that is a felling I've always had. It didn't help by being born in a very isolated, conservative small town in the middle of nowhere (except that I did feel very connected to the wilderness). I was very different from the other people there. . . felt it and knew it. To me it translated to the town being so small and thought I would feel better if I could leave there, but now I know that wasn't the whole of it. My mother never felt like my mother...

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
3 years ago
729 posts

I'm not going to read this whole stream but my feeling is, if it hasn't already been stated, that most of us on this site also contain DNA that is not totally human and we have a very vague memory of a place (planet or dimension) that we feel is also our home. I also think that is why many of us always feel like we are being watched but can't explain who, why, or where, this feeling comes from. And for me at least, the answer is because we are being watched and monitored as we download our human experience into an alien awareness.

I know that I am human, but NOT just human, of that I'm quite sure. I also feel that it will not be long until our watchers see fit to open a new reality up for all of mankind which I am totally ready for and comfortable with the thought of, I'm ready to go home!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book