Just wanted to introduce myself... hello!

To post a reply, login or signup

lizw47
@lizw47
3 years ago
36 posts

Hi y'all. My name is Liz! I just learned about empaths last week so I am pretty new to all of this and trying to wrap my head around all of it. I have realized for years that I am very good on picking up on people's energies and that I am a great judge of character. I never thought it had to do with anything paranormal. I googled 'empath' and there's a 30 traits of being an empath thing online and every single one applies to me. Just here to meet some friends, learn some things... hello :)

A couple questions... I noticed that most information I read has to do with controlling your ability... centering, grounding, flushing, shielding, etc. so that it is not as strong. What if I want to make my ability stronger? Right now I can go into a room and just get a general positive/negative vibe off of people, but there are empaths who can read people from thousands of miles away, in their sleep, know when somebody is lying, etc. Any advice on honing the skill, per se?

Also read some really cool stuff to the effect of "Empaths are healers; our mission is to help people" which is awesome because I have always felt an urge to help others, but I cannot find any specific information on how empathy is used in this way. Halp? Thank you! Nice to meet all of you!

(sorry if these questions have been asked before; I tried searching)

updated by @lizw47: 07/14/17 05:59:12AM
Dice
@dice
3 years ago
284 posts

Welcome to EC lizw47!

When I came in it was like the greatest day. All of a sudden the light switch went on and I started to emerge from my hiding space. Once I could open up (and connect the dots) the floodgates opened. I was not prepared for what was coming at all! I will say that the Survival Guide is what helped me when I came in. It is such a relief to be in a comfortable place where you can learn and grow.

Everyone is different as far as honed ability, but I would start joining groups and asking questions! There are many book suggestions floating around depending on the direction you are pulled. Trust yourself!

Dice

lizw47
@lizw47
3 years ago
36 posts

Thanks Dice -- I find that I never go wrong when I trust myself :) I have been reading the Guide and it is very useful.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi LizW, welcome to the EC. To begin with, it is really hard to find out what your path is in a hurry. It takes time, lots of reading, talking with others, basically a whole bunch of learning. There are no text books or degrees in this. It is a life long learning adventure. It is all more than worth it though. I am having fun, but at times it can be rough too.

For me I found the best thing for me was learning protection in the beginning. I personally would suggest you start with checking out The Empath Survival Program on the main page. My personal favorite is The Zip Up Technique by Donna Eden.It is a short video and when you watch it once you will have it all down. Easy was good for me, especially when I first got here. One of our wonderful Trevor Lewis has also written a paper called Thriving as an Empaththat is wonderful you should take a look at. The group Tools for the Empathhas some other great suggestions for protection too.

There are 58 groups in the EC that will cover just about anything you want to know. Lots of questions have already been addressed and discussed in them. I would suggest reading through the ones that seem to fit with the way you feel. Asking questions is never a bad idea either. You will find most all of the people in here are very helpfuland there are isn't any dumb questions.

You have found the best site I have found in the EC. I hope you have as much fun learning with all of us and by all means join in on the discussions. Again welcome home.

Dan : )

B
@b
3 years ago
252 posts
Welcome, I've always been a helper or fixer. And what I do is just listen console and just try to give sound clear cut and dry advice to them that ask me. I can't heal or make it happen. I just listen. Some times that is all it takes.
lizw47
@lizw47
3 years ago
36 posts

I like your answer, thanks! :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book