Are you an empath living with another empath?

To post a reply, login or signup

Have a feeling
@shelly
3 years ago
40 posts
My son is also an empath. I am learning that being an empath is like being a mirror. You are talking with someone and pick up things inside of them and you can reflect back to them who they are or what they are going through. If you are an empath and you live with another empath, you might be wondering why your relationship seems volcanic at times. Think about it. If an empath is a mirror... then 2 empaths living together are 2 mirrors facing each other. What happens when 2 mirrors face each other? The image bounces back and forth and escalates into infinity. I had this epiphany after a discussion with my empathic son escalated into a screaming match. My son picked up my frustration and returned it while adding his frustration and there you go! Kaboom!So what do we do now that we realize that there is a special consideration we must embrace when we must communicate difficult things to our empathic loved ones? How can we express our frustrations or anger without triggering the double mirror effect?I am still working on this answer but I do know that it starts with me and my extra sensory ability to understand others before I even speak. I think it is human nature to be more blunt and less filtered when we express our anger and frustrations towards those we live with on a daily basis. I think it all comes back to treating others the way we would want to be treated and giving our empathic loved ones some extra love and kindness when we have to address the hard things.I hope this helps others as it is helping me. It was a big eye opener for me.Blessings to you all.Jar
updated by @shelly: 08/06/17 05:01:09AM
B
@b
3 years ago
252 posts
I'm glad you can recognize it.and can try to solve it rather then most that just give up saying I can't communicate with this person bravo to you
4peace
@4peace
3 years ago
187 posts

That's funny, I believe both my kids are empaths, but my son is more like me. We have a very strong connection anyway, but sometimes he feels my pain and he is 6. His pain is more dramatic and mine is physical. So I feel his drama stuff and he feels my physical stuff - I try to shield my stuff more after I realized what was happening.

I realized the same thing you did one day, except we don't yell we cry :)

Loved the way you expressed it :)

4peace

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Jar of Clay, that is very interesting and very well put. I know I am surrounded by family that are also empaths although in my case my brother is the only one that has awakened and now that you mention it that is how we are too, The rest of them have not became aware of what they are yet so it is not quire so volatile. Thank you for the post.

Dan : )

Have a feeling
@shelly
3 years ago
40 posts
My son is going through this as well... feeling it is a curse rather than a gift. I did too. I think we all do. It seems that the waking up process comes in waves. I am stunned. Now I am mad. I didn't ask for this. Now I am freaked out. What does this all mean? Now I am desperate to shield myself. How do I make it go away? Now I see this could be a gift. Now I need to learn. And it goes on. I will just say that I am happy he has come around after years of society and schools that tend to label these things as disorders. My son has suffered greatly with the schools and society. Now I see him blooming to the possibilities. He is rising above all of it now. I can't wait to see what he does.
B
@b
3 years ago
252 posts
I can totally relate to the curse idia but if you can covay this. We feel all emotions love ,happy too. As I've said before no one questions happy feelings they just enjoy them and are not bothered. But I do have times of pure joy for no reason. About the school kids tell them this. You have choices. Do nothing and be nothing or do something and be something. If you want all the riches of the world with out getting locked up you need to use your mind. Or your hands or talents. But with out knowledge all the talent in the world will be waisted.
4peace
@4peace
3 years ago
187 posts

Well I spoke too soon. I am trying to recover from a migraine and my son has started complaining of a headache. Guess I need to work on shielding better :)

Sometimes I just want to quit everything and run far far away into the woods, where there is no noise and only the animals and plants to talk to.But I love my family too much. Oh well :) I'll be a hermit later :)

4peace

snarly
@snarly
3 years ago
23 posts

sometimes the hardest thing for a man is to do nothing. its man nature to have to do something and very hard for us to stand back do nothing and meditate on a issue until a course of action is more in focus. Snarly

B
@b
3 years ago
252 posts
I feel warmth goodness
Gin S
@gin-s
3 years ago
225 posts

I would suggest writing. If it is an emotional issue it helps me to write it. That way I can read it myself first and correct things before they are said. Also it allows you to adjust tone or words that might come across wrong. Whether you text, email or use plain old paper it helps to not have so many words to take back. It also gives the other person time to think and respond without the heat of the moment in the way as you would have in a face to face talk.

I have always felt like a mirror. I reflect back what emotions I get but amplified with my own. I absolutely understand what you are saying. The hard part is fixing it or getting control over it.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book