Please help anyway you can

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
My grandpa found out he has kidney failure today. A little background, my grandpa has been living with one kidney since he was 30 after giving the other to his brother. He has several lung disorders, and is diabetic. He is going on dialysis and is being put on a list for a transplant. Everyone in the family is being checked for a match, but he's technically a step-grandpa/father/uncle etc though nobody thinks of him that way. He has no contact with his biological family, most of them are dead or in prison anyway.He is the man who married my grandma and finally gave her everything she really deserved in a husband. Who loves her big heart and big family. Replaced all the bad my biological grandpa did to the family with his love and kindness. He is the man who I used to sit in the chair with and watch wrestling and eat "stinky feet cheese" (Swiss cheese) with everyday when he got home from work until my parents picked me up to go home. He is the man who came to all of my school events even when it was 90 degrees outside and he couldn't breath and never got embarrassed when my grandma would walk right out in the middle of everyone to take my picture ( I always smiled no matter how many people were staring).I don't know what I'm asking for. Help for him? For my grandma? For me? I just love him and I'm not ok with the news yet. I'm just asking for help.
updated by @emmy-long: 04/08/17 01:10:36PM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Just said a prayer for you, your grandfather & family.

boubou
@boubou
3 years ago
159 posts

I will pray for you and your family...stay strong....

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
Well I have some good news to report on this. My grandpa will be on the top of the list for a transplant since he has donated for a transplant in the past! Just another example of how love and kindness come back around to you when you put it out. He also will not have to pay for much of the cost of the dialysis because he is a US veteran and they will be covering the majority of it. Now all we have to do is hope he is cleared for surgery because of his lungs and hope that a match is found quickly.Also there is a chance my grandparents may be staying with me a few nights a week for the dialysis since I live closer to the place it's done than they do. Some 23 year olds might be upset about having their grandparents stay at their apartment but I would love it! I miss my grandparents and they live 3 hours away so having them here and getting to spend time with them would be wonderful! It's still tough news to swallow but there is still hope in the situation. <3
boubou
@boubou
3 years ago
159 posts

Good news Emmy....everything will work out!

4peace
@4peace
3 years ago
187 posts

Oh good :) I hope he get's better. Spoil your grandparents rotten, they will love it :)

4peace

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book