Protection.

To post a reply, login or signup

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi All, I am curious about something. I came in here back in January and the first thing everyone told me about protection. The first method that I was introduced to was the Empath Survival Program. That was really good help.

Not too long after that someone introduced me to the Zip Up Technique by Donna Edenfor me this really helped me. It was so simple after I watched the video I had it down. After a while I noticed once I tossed the key I was zipped up all the time.

Also someone mentioned looking into the Tools for the Empathgroup which I did and I ended up getting crystals too for even more protection. There was a lot more good tools I had found too.

Well, last week I kind of seemed to start getting more inundated with more negative energy. I had family over and Saturday we attended a big birthday party at a beach. There were at least about 50 people at the party, not to mention all the beach goers. I was a total wreck the whole time. I could not focus on anything. I came home and we had a smaller get together here at my house. I felt the same that day too.

Ever since then it seems I have really work hard at protecting more than before by far.

Has anyone else had the feeling that it is harder to protect lately. I have to "Zip Up" even by myself at home or I get a constant barrage of negative energy. Has anyone notice that? It seems to me maybe all the negative in the world is getting stronger lately. What do you feel?

Dan : )

updated by @inlanddan: 07/24/17 07:27:20AM
Bruce
@bruce
3 years ago
207 posts

If I said I have a totally different technique and don't believe in protection would it scare the hell out of you?

My line of thinking is the more you hide the more you have to hide. A really simple question is: What is there to be afraid of?

Let me try and give you a different perspective of shielding and grounding. Let us assume that we live to be 100 and that Jesus was born 2014 years ago, then we assume that 21 generations have passed between now and the time of Jesus.

Now look at something like a horse, a horse lives to about 50 so there is 42 generations of horse. I hope this makes sense because our energy is slower than a horse but the horse has been taught not to fear us, just as we have learned not to fear the horse. Two different energies and yet we live side by side without fear for the most part.

I hope you can appreciate the concept of different energies, recently a giant tortoise died it was one of the last and it was said to be 1000 years old now this is just two generations that seperate it from the time of Jesus, how awesome is that TWO generations. A bit weird and you are wondering if I am from this planet, where do my concepts come from? lol... It's all good but isn't as weird as you would think.

Just as we live on this earth with fellow man and we have enough trouble communicating and learning to love our brothers and sisters the concept of something more being available to us is beyond comprehension.

This is where fear creeps in. The basis of all religion is not Love? The basis of religion is fear. Jesus taught us to love without reserve, without condition. We should not assess energy as slow or fast, positive or negative because the reality is we are all energy... We are all different and we are all creatures of light. There is no such thing as negative energy, it is different to ours and may not be compatible with ours but it isn't to be feared.

You would not wear a winter coat on a summers day so why make the assumption that you need to wear it to go outside? A cloak of protection is a last resort not a first option. Don't shelter from the rain learn to dance in it, standing under a cloudburst is amazingly liberating. Riding a horse at full tilt is equally fun for both the horse and yourself, sitting on a giant tortoise might not be so much fun for you but I will bet the tortoise is having a fantastic time. lol

Just because an energy is different to your own does not make it evil, negative, dark or anything else so don't go reaching for your cloak of protection for every occasion, the more you wear a cloak of protection the more you will feel the need to wear it and so the more you will wear it. We are creatures of light so shine don't dim your brightness by putting it in the shade. Grounding energy by dancing in the rain is the best form of protection in my humble opinion.

Bless you

Namaste'

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
I have felt more energy surrounding me in general lately. It's been making my acid reflux flare up, my sleeping patterns weird, I've had a couple of small panic attacks, and a few other weird things. What I've felt lately doesn't necessarily feel like anything negative but just like there is more going on than there used to be and I'm trying to keep up!
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
3 years ago
273 posts
Hi Dan:

My question for you is whether the Conduit of Energy exercise in myThriving As An Empathpaper is working for you at all? (and, please, feel free to tell me if the answer is no if that is indeed the case. We are friends! That said you know how much I have been getting positive feedback from that exercise).

The essential point of this paper is that passive protection and shielding is no longer working as we grow and the planet grows (hence I am agreeing with you that times are changing!).

We now have to be active healers in order to counteract the energy we take on as empaths!

I know for me that it helps considerably to consciously reconnect with the exercise BEFORE I am surrounded by large groups of people rather than during.

Blessings,

Trevor

4peace
@4peace
3 years ago
187 posts

Hey Dan,

I think the world is in great pain right now, or it feels like it. I know a lot of us do not like listening to the news, but I do on the way to work (think I'm going to have to stop) - it's awful - so much hate, anger, pain, fear and confusion. I love the zip up technique too, but dang there is a lot going on and it seems like stuff is seeping through.

I hope you find a technique or combination of techniques to help.

I don't know if this helps, but I just tried to send you some white light/energy to help - obviously I don't know what I'm doing, but my intentions are good :)

4peace

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Hi Dan,

Great topic and yes, most of us are experiencing this. When I first started studying intuition and healing, my teacher taught me to shield and explained why. Over the years, I've studied different techniques of shielding and realized that, ultimately, it's about our intention. That an object or technique, in itself, doesn't protect, but our intention that we set in performing the technique or charging the object is the key.

But I started to question why we do this, because it's not natural to shield. However, I kept doing it and then I started running into people who no longer shield - like Jen P. One woman, who is a great healer and intuitive has no shields. She does believe in being grounded but she doesn't shield. The reason is that she is very aware of being connected to Source. This woman, is aware of the world, has a business, family and is very well grounded - what I mean is, she isn't ignoring what's going on in the world - it just doesn't effect her.

I'm going to bounce off of the comments from Bruce and Jen P - we are divine beings. We are powerful and enormous but we came into this fearful world and we play it "small". We forget our power. However you connect to Source - be it, connecting to your Higher Self, or whatever your belief is in a Creator, it's about reconnecting with that divine self.

Jen brought up a good point - as we are moving through the ascension we get into the inbetween phase. As our energy shifts, we feel more disconnected from this earth. If you think about angels, ascended masters and all those light beings who are helping us; they see this world but they're not effected by the energy because they are moving at a higher frequency. That's where, we are headed but we are inbetween. Someone described this process as going up the stairs then down the stairs , then up the stairs.

There are some great suggestions on the replies, and I would just add, to reconnect to Source. Not only remembering who you are as a divine being but to start to feel it. And, it's a process; it's something we slowly become aware of. Some days, I feel connected and other days, I can't but it's a gradual process.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Sometimes, I'm too wordy. I like the comment about the inbetween - because it feels so right.

I'm looking for an image that I should post on the EC; it shows an angel trying to pull the earth up a staircase.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Hi Dan,

Have you cleansed your energy recently?

If not you may want to so that you have pushed the old stagnant & used energy out & brought in fresh & new energy.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Everyone, I really would like to thank everyone for all the input on this. Everyone has shared so many good, positive and helpful ideas it has been wonderful to read it all. Thank you again.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Uzumaki,

I assure you, you are not the only one who feels that way. I am not going to say much more, because you have expressed what I am experiencing very well.

I use a very, very strong shield, as Trevor can tell you! I am reading these other options with great interest, since it seems new tactics are required as the changes proceed. I do not agree with all that has been said here, but that is okay. This is a place where we still respect differences of opinion.

Thanks for having the courage to post what you did and welcome to EC.

Cheshire Cat

P.S. I just re-read Trevor's Conduit of Energy exercise and realized I've been using it for awhile now, but forgot where I got it from (Apologies to Trevor). I have incorporated it into one of my Qi Gong exercises I do each morning, one that brings in energy and moves it out again. It seems a perfect fit.

In the past, if I dropped my shield, I continually had to remove attached non-source Archons from myself, and had a lot of rages, which they fed upon. I must not be vibrating high enough yet to avoid having that happen like some of you can.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

You're not upsetting anyone and both you and Cat have brought up the other point of view. I do understand what you're saying and have, myself, encountered some very dark energy from various people.

As it's been expressed, there are two different approaches; to work on protection and shielding or to work on raising one's vibration and skipping the shields. The metaphysical community is composed of many different opinions. Some believe in remaining focused on light and love others, prefer some form of protection.

You have to work with what feels right to you. When you come down to it, it's about what we believe in ourselves and our power. Everyone approaches this differently and what ever feels comfortable for you, is what is right for you. Some people change their approach, after awhile. My view of shielding or not, has changed and may again.

You should not worry about voicing your thoughts. In fact, you are stating what many feel.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Pat and anyone else,

You already know I agree with you about this division in thinking. What I do not understand is why I cannot do both? Why does shielding prevent me from trying to raise my vibration? I've been working with Raphael and Azriel to do that, and have had a lot of success, especially recently.

I don't see how not wanting to expose myself to vibrational levels that could try to drag me back down and cause me to maybe have to use up energy just to stay in place that could better be used to help me rise further than where I am now is in contradiction to my wanting to raise my vibration and keep it up there.

Quite the opposite. Since we all are in a constant state of progression, saying a certain entity has a lower vibration may not be meant as a judgement, merely as an observation. After all, the highest vibrating person here almost surely knows of someone who vibrates even higher than they do and so on and on and on.

C. Cat

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Cat,

I get it. And to be honest, I should have worded that reply better. Of course you can do both.

This is the theory that I've heard - and it's just a theory. If you focus too much on protection, it sends a message to your subconscious that there is something bigger and badder than you. The concept of raising the vibration is that the negativity or other frequencies have simply no effect on you so shielding isn't necessary.

I'm assuming - and it's just an assumption that angels and ascended masters, etc do not have to shield because their frequency is at a higher rate. They are aware of lower frequencies but not effected by them.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Dear Pat,

I only addressed that post and this one mainly to you to show that I was responding to your post. I did not mean to imply that you would not get what I was talking about....you are one smart cookie! :-)

That "theory" you mentioned is what my former church teaches, and I have seen people ruin their lives by not facing what was going on because of not wanting to focus on the negative, and then adding self-blame and the blame of others who buy into this to the pain they are already going through when it fails to work.....

Example: I used to run a support group for people with my disease. A member of our church was referred to it by our minister. She had lost her job due to the illness, like most of us do. She had not applied for unemployment or disability because to do so would be to allow thoughts of non-abundance and the continuance of disease to gain traction.....to use your excellent phrasing, she would have been telling her subconscious the disease was bigger and badder than her. She waited until she only had $200 left to her name to come to my group. By then, she'd been forced to move back in with her ex-husband so she would not be homeless. Imagine the stress that would cause and how that would affect your chances of getting better! I had the sad task of informing her that if she filed for disability today, it would be over a year before her case was heard. None of this had to happen if she had not played that New Age game. I felt so badly for her. So, I do not buy that theory anymore. I have not seen it work for anyone, but I could tell of cases like the above all day.

The assumption, on the other hand, I agree with. Angels and Ascended Masters may very well not have to shield. The problem, IMO, comes when people tell everyone they are at that level when they are not, and are therefore still affected by the appearance of reality at 3rd density level.

Just my two cents,

C. Cat

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Hey Cat,

You can bump up your 2 cents; to a couple of dollars!

No, I really didn't explain it - I made it sound too simple and I'm having a weird day, everything feels dreamlike and I just keep wanting to fall asleep. So, it's probably not my best day for writing.

Yeah, I see your point. I only subscribe to a small part of the Law of Attraction. We only use a small portion of the conscious mind - most of it is subconscious and there are always other issues involved.

I wouldn't look at this whole protection thing as not focusing on the dark stuff or repeating affirmations. The only theory that feels right is to connect to Source. i mentioned the woman who I know who is connected to Source, and it's not that her life is perfect. As she says, we're not here to play it perfectly. She's had her share of challenges but she bounces back faster. I use her as an example of someone who seems to have her life together - not perfect but just a balanced approach.

And true, we are not at the level of angels and ascended masters. At this point, I would toss it over to you as to how we continue in this world but are protected/or not affected by lower energies. Going back to Dan's question, do you think this is about having to add more protection or changing methods.

I'm out of ideas, here.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

That is unbelievable! She had to wait 12 months for disability? What's that all about?

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

What DoorMA49 said........could not possibly give a better answer. :-)

Thanks,

C. Cat

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

As someone who fell out of the tree and is just resting at the bottom.

I just don't get the enemy thing. Everyone has their own version of who the enemy is and the battles. It's so confusing.

Also, (I'm stepping into this) what did you mean by letting go of individuality - my sensors just went off.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Off-topic, sorry!

Robin,

FYI: the situation is much worse now with some people waiting as long as 3 years for their case to be heard. That example I gave was a long time ago. I had to wait a year and 2 months back when I got sick.

Also, in America you do not get medical coverage until you've been on disability for two full years!

The gap between rich and poor here is larger now than it was in feudal times in the Middle Ages, but the ability to buy on credit has obscured how dire the situation actually is. I know this is hard for people in other civilized countries like yours to understand. I have friends in Canada, Scotland and England who are incredulous that we put up with this.

C. Cat

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Thanks for the explanation. I promise I wouldn't come looking for you. I gave up stalking - it's so exhausting.

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Everyone, this conversation has been so enlightening for me and sounds like for many others too. It has brought up so many great ideas and and has stayed on topic. I just love it.

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Hi Trevor,

I just read your Thriving as an Empath paper. I agree with your approach. I was sort of thinking along those lines, too. When I do healing and intuitive work, I feel connected to Source. My problem is that I tend to disconnect from that feeling after giving sessions. Having that connection during a session or in meditation is one thing; but keeping it going through the day is, for me; the challenge.

I liked the visuals of the dirty/clean water and the color exercise.

The other thing I would like to mention is that, I think empaths tend to be more focused on what they are feeling from others, rather than how their emotions can impact others. The receiver is set on High; and the transmitter is working but more on a subconscious level. I read about empaths recognizing that others feel better in their presence, but not being able to feel that good energy, themselves.

Someone on the EC, wrote a great post about "broadcasting" or "projecting". Sorry, I forgot the name of the person. But, it's along similar lines. What you have brought up, is for me, the main component - to be connected to Source. I honestly, can't think of any other method that gives that sense of love and protection. Thanks for the paper - Great job.

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
3 years ago
273 posts

Hi Pat: Thanks! And, yes, agreed! Themain component is to be connected to Source.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book