Over whelming sadness

To post a reply, login or signup

WindWolf
@windwolf
3 years ago
117 posts
I woke up today in pain, which I'm used to, nothing that should have effected me too much. On top off that I was yelled at by my mother, again nothing new. But for some reason I was reduced to tears, I couldn't understand why. I asked for help from a friend which just started a fight. So once I managed to compose myself, I went about business as usual. While at work around 4 or 5 hours later I find out that comedian and actor Robin Williams died. Was this the reason I cried? I felt a heavy presence of death in my tears. I'm just really confused, and I have no one I can talk to that will truly understand. Do you think an empath like me that isn't that strong or grounded could feel such sadness from his many fans, or just from his passing? Did you feel it? Help me out with this please.
updated by @windwolf: 08/19/17 01:12:17AM
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

I don't think you need to be an empath to feel it. I think everyone is feeling it. There are some people that you really want on the earth. The sort that makes you feel better; the person who can look at the absurdity of life and laugh at it - and get us to laugh at it. That's empowering. He made us feel better. I always believed that Robin was a very special being; his mind was too fast, his heart, too large, his perception, too clear. We were all blessed to have him on this earth.

WindWolf
@windwolf
3 years ago
117 posts
I felt the pain before finding out he was the one that died. I cried and the tears felt like death, like I was being pulled back to a suicidal state
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

I've been upset for a couple of weeks, but honestly; I can no longer sort out the reasons. I've had too much personal loss, and then the loss on a global level. It's just too much pain right now. And with his death, I feel like I've lost an ally. "Oh Captain, my Captain."

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
I get that type of feeling too often before something bad happens. It's just a feeling of complete dread that I know something back has happened. A relatively unknown movie of his I watched a couple years ago called "worlds greatest dad" popped into my head today and I didn't think much about it. This particular movie is about a dad (Williams) who's son dies via auto erotic asphyxiation. Weird huh? I'm sure it's related now that I learn of his passing but at the time no such connection was made. It's strange how these things happen sometimes.
Sammie
@sammie
3 years ago
106 posts

You're not alone in this. I battled for a good part of the day as well. I even felt like death. I thought it was because I was under the weather but there was an unusual queasy feeling in my stomach and sadness in my heart. When I found out he passed I figured the days events to be related.

I'm saying all of that to say .... it is very possible that you felt the impression of his last moments, the fans, his family or a projection of your own sadness upon getting the news.

I think for me it was a mixture. Consider this though there is a lot of sorrow in the world and a lot of people who don't display their sadness, this may have been an extra "sensitive" day for you because of the various sources of energy you've encountered.

Hope this helps. :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book