How do you make friends?

To post a reply, login or signup

Chrisis
@chrisis
3 years ago
39 posts

Is it easy for you to find people that are "on the same wavelenght"? How do you do?

I always found (and still find) it very difficult, to find build up relationships. And when I get to know people better, I often realize that this person experiences the world in a so totally different way that it seems pointless to me to even try to share my view, because the other person could not understand,

This is something I'm even experiencing when I'm together with real close friends and makes me feel very lonley. Are you experiencing the same?

updated by @chrisis: 02/12/17 10:36:46PM
inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Chris, it seems to be a lot easier now, thanks to the EC. Before that though is was not all that easy. I think that is why one of the common traits of an empath is isolation. I do not feel so isolated now. I can come here and share what I need to stay grounded.

Dan : )

Eduardo Guillermo Vera
@eduardo-guillermo-vera
3 years ago
18 posts
Hello there:My 2 cents is that I bash them with all my might so if they got up from the wreckage I made the right choice else better luck next time
Chrisis
@chrisis
3 years ago
39 posts

I thank you all for your fast responses. This forum is really a relief. :)

A friend of mine, during a conversation some years ago about esoteric themes, said that he was thinking I would know a lot more than I was telling him. The fact is, that I don't really know or at least I don't trust what I think I know. [...] oO

Sometimes I simply feel that a statement is wrong but I cannot say what would be right and why. Also, I've realized that it happens quite often that I'm really influencing peoples decisions if I tell them my view. What if I get it all wrong? I'd prefer people making their own decisions (and discoveries). So I prefer to shut up most of the time. Or, I content myself to just spread some hints, hoping they'll find out by themselves.

I know I'll have to work on this.

Fortunately my friends are real friends. But when I try to express what I'm really experiencing, the conversations often starts to get awkward. They do not think I'm crazy or just inventing something, but I have the feeling that they can't really make a sense of it - and sometimes they get it completely wrong. It even occured to me that people get it wrong on purpose, because they just don't want to understand what I was saying.

phew - there's still a long way to go :)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Fairydust, you may want to go look at the threadOpen Mind Equals Open Heart. Abbey pretty much asked the exact same question.

Chrisis
@chrisis
3 years ago
39 posts

thank you :)

inlanddan
@inlanddan
3 years ago
387 posts

Hi Happytobeme and welcome to the EC. I hope you find this as wonderful of a place as I have. Be sure to look through all the different groups on here. Also the Empath Survival Program on the main page. Jump in and join the conversations and be sure to ask questions if you have any.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book