Had an Empathic moment today while getting stitches.

To post a reply, login or signup

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Today I cut myself while slicing homemade bread and had to go get stitches. I'm really afraid of medical things--I think a good part of that is because I'm an empath. I feel things with the volume turned up, plus going to the doctor or hospital are overwhelming because of all the distressing energy there.

I needed 8 stitches, and except for a couple of surgeries in the course of my life, I've never had stitches. I was freaking out. I kept apologizing over and over to the nurse and doctor for being so afraid. I was shaking like I had been kidnapped by pirates or something. I kept feeling like I was going to faint. As soon as the doctor started stitching, I felt an angel come down and stand by the right side of my head and stay with me. It was such a comfort.

I guess it was just one of those moments where I felt the gifts and curses of being an empath at the same time. I was able to not absorb the stressful energy of the Urgent Care place--it really helped that it wasn't busy at all and they pretty much took me right in. I had the curse of feeling too much anxiety, part because that stuff already scares me, and part probably absorbing some feelings from my husband who almost lost his hand in a work injury 20 years ago, and has a hard time around hand injuries. He stayed with me, though, which I thought was really nice. I had the blessing of feeling the angel with me. I feel so blessed to be able to sense that kind of divine help. I wish everyone in the world had that blessing.

I thought of you all in this group and how we have these moments in our life, and that they may be harder for us than for some, but at the same time, we can sense the blessings that can come with them as well, and for that I'm so grateful.

updated by @sarah: 01/17/17 04:58:16PM
Gin S
@gin-s
3 years ago
225 posts

I wish an angel would visit me when I go to medical facilities, I could use some comfort there. I feel like I am hyperventilating even though I purposely keep my breathing nice and even. I get dizzy,light-headedand can't focus for the life of me, even spots in my vision. Doctor's offices are not as bad but dentists and hospitals are really bad. That must have felt so great especially in a moment like that of high stress.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

It didn't take the stress away, I still felt much of how you described you feel in places like that, but it really helped to know that even if I'm having a hard time, the Universe still has it covered.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book