fake PTSD?

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
3 months ago
79 posts

i have cycles from time to time (i think this year it's already the 3rd or 4th) of about a week where i wake up every night in the early morning hours from various variations of completely gory, graphic and abstruse nightmares (think severely mutilated animals, tortured children, etc. a few years ago i had a cycle about concentration camps – none of which i've ever seen in real life or perhaps even movies). 

i've stopped freaking out about it by now (just go back to sleep or meditate), but i still wonder if anyone gets this and what it is. it has some sort of PTSD flavour i suppose, but i really do not think i have suffered trauma related to any of these topics. 

also wonder what's the point of it. bringing certain emotions to the surface, trying to heal something unspoken/symbolic? or just random disruption?

not sure this is specific to empaths. anyone familiar with it? 

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 months ago
163 posts
That could be you picking up from people watching movies etc or the likes of, sometimes thoughts/visions might linger somewhere of past/present stuff, like I used to watch really gory movies with my siblings and those images stayed stuck for yrs till I gave em up..

And I avoid stuff like that because it triggers reminders of my postnatal depression of extremely disturbing thoughts. I know someone who was empathic and tried using this approach to cut chords, it was they're way of coping or letting go so I didn't mention anything..

PTSD maybe someone Ur working with might have it or been through it? Every one handles stress differently, and it might not be major just triggers that remind them of events etc from a subconscious view point?

Last part of Ur posts, depends what emotions are being brought to the surface that require healing?

We encounter good and bad people all the time, empaths job is to put theyre ego aside and assist how and where they can, doesn't always have to be directly or in a blatant way. If we'd want good for ourselves and people can deem us to be committing the most heinous crimes, (just saying) wouldn't we want to be understood and empathised with? To have healing through understanding, compassion, sympathy. It's not our job decide whose worthy of healing or not, we just carry on doing it because who know that little bit of light might change the whole of they're future?
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
810 posts

@sasha-supertramp:

I think that may be a reflection of where you are at right now on the energy spectrum? Have you been feeling off, or low lately? I notice that when I get out of balance and don't compensate quick enough with grounding and relaxing that I seem to attract some bad things. I get bad thoughts, bad dreams etc... And when I ground and raise my vibration, I get back to normal.

I think I may have told you before that I unwittingly interact with spirits. And when I am feeling down they make a lot of noise around me at home. Strange things start to happen. And I often have negative or ugly thoughts pop into my head that I attribute to them. They also wake me up a lot and interfere with my sleep. And this past weekend I woke up and was thinking about what I was going to do that day and the word "suicide" popped in my head. I was happy and in a fairly good place so it was odd that word popped in my mind. It's both annoying and scary when I feel spirits are throwing words in my mind. My point is that as an empath it is a constant battle to keep above the fray and maintain my high vibration so that the world and afterworld doesn't bring me down. I wonder if maybe something similar is impacting you?

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 months ago
163 posts

@hop-daddy did you have any luck with the shaman whom you stated was helping you clear negative energies from your home? (sorry if I'm mistaken, read it on another thread, and wondered how your getting on).

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
810 posts

@spiritualskies:

Thanks for asking. This is still an ongoing problem for us. We've dealt with spirits in our home for the last 16 years. Most have been harmless and just passing through. At first it freaked me out. But since they mostly left us alone, we learned to live with it. But since my 14 year old teenage empath daughter has sunk to a depressive state the last few months, we've seen more destructive spirits lurking about. I don't want to say they are evil. They just have the bad intention of draining my daughter's spiritual and physical energy. She's been in and out of a low energy weakened state and they are attracted to that. And when I got involved with helping her clear entities and saging her room, I was attacked by something pretty powerful. I think I may have touched on this before in another post. But when I took an aggressive approach to try to clear the spirits in my house, I experienced a sharp pain in my stomach and solar plexus region that felt like an invisible knife was going in and out. And I got really foggy brained and had tunnel vision to the point where I couldn't focus enough to read the words on the page of a prayer book that I was using as part of my saging ritual. I had to break out of what was attacking me by forcing myself to my feet to shake it off. It was one of the most bizare things I've ever experienced as I literally felt like something was attacking my mind and body trying to keep me from helping my daughter.

So long story short, I did break free of the attack/spell situation I was under. I finished saging my daughter's room while she used white light to try to also banish the spirits. We had a good clear 48 hours after that where my home felt clean to me. And my daughter's happiness and high vibration returned. But new spirits have come back since and we've done our best to keep them in check. We're currently trying to find someone local to help us find and close portals on our property. We had a shaman by phone tell us that she thinks there are many energy portals on our property that are the result of ancient native american rituals. And this is why we have so many spirits passing through. I just need to find someone to help us find and close them.

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 months ago
163 posts

@Hop-daddy sorry to hear your still having difficulty with this. I don't know much about shamans and how they operate in they're line of work, but I'm just wondering out of curiosity perhaps whatever little does seem to work is ok short-term but in it seems to be a reoccurring problem for you. is it a possibility that shamans if they don't know what they're dealing with can cause more harm than good? we can be surrounded by many varying spirit energies, each unique in strengths and abilities and the history of the home has no doubt something to do with it.

if I come across anything useful or other you haven't yet tried I'm willing to look into it for you personally and share whatever I come across, if that's ok with you?

do hope sincerely it resolves for the peace of your family and home

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 months ago
163 posts

@sasha-supertramp perhaps the history of the country where you live, may/does it have some/any history of past wars etc if your surrounded by any elderly people who may have lived through that?

something else struck me that even as elderly people where they are concerned, (its just my opinion) and mental diagnosis like alzheimers/dementia they affect the memory of the individuals, could be picking out frequencies they no longer recall etc

or on a positive sense someone who is passionate/or hobby interests in that kind of stuff, not all what we pick out (sometimes seeming bad) are always that, they can be oppoites, unless we have the opportunity to ask we wont really know.

some years ago for me personally, there was a large family feud, although I was aware of what was happening I wasn't aware to the extent or depths of it, but my instincts were picking it up and depicting it to me as visions of war, end days etc.

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
3 months ago
79 posts

@spiritualskies and @hop-daddy, sorry I got carried away with things and didn't even thank you for the reply. 

@hop-daddy, yes – what you say does make sense; these episodes happen when my energy isn't the best. they just seem a tad extreme, not proportional to the situation – perhaps i feel fatigued, depressed, lonely, or stressed, but hey why such hardcore graphic images?

oddly enough, a few days ago i think i have actually found the answer in a book ... i've described that at the bottom ("Appendix" section) of my last blog post (Is depression a choice?) ... not sure that's so relevant to you, but i found a description of a very similar dream/vision motive in the context of someone's talking to her depression and seeing a vision that's really similar to my repetitive dreams.

so apparently at least some people's psyche comes up with these super-dramatic images to visualise, or push in your face, a deep inner psychological conflict. perhaps it's using these crazy images because i really am not noticing the level of internal war zone i'm in, like that author describes. 

maybe you just stop noticing it as you get used to it (again, like the author i cite and perhaps myself)

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 months ago
163 posts
Not sure if Ur looking for specific answers or whatever on Ur blog post, or from someone specific?
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
810 posts

@sasha-supertramp:

It's always hard to explain hardcore and especially frightful images in dreams. In some cases it's your mind working through your thoughts and fears (that's why I think we can get worse dreams when we empaths are going through tough times). And in other cases you may be getting sent a message or lesson from something.

Do you run in to spirits at all during the day? The reason I ask is that I've had some interactions myself where I'm pretty sure some unwanted bump in the night visitors projected some disturbing dreams in my head. There were some things that I was later able to connect the dots on. It happens.

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
3 months ago
79 posts

@hop-daddy re spirits, well i hope not. at least i'm trying to keep that out of my mind, as if i'd start looking for it i'm sure my creative mind would start imagining them immediately out of fear ;-)

no, but seriously – i've seen you post about spirits frequently, and the first time i read about that i felt a somewhat odd, shifted energy around – had to recover for a while. (if it's ok to mention that.) 

i do sense presences sometimes, but no physical things happening, really.

however, because i've had this for so many years and was positively terrified of it when i was younger (in my teens), i've learnt that it's – as you say – super-sensitive to the mental/emotional state i'm in. so basically since i've gotten a grip on my fear, more or less (which wasn't easy) it's less.

i've also a background of reading C G Jung and buddhism, both of which talk a lot about how the mind projects and connects to forceful things, which aren't entirely fantasy, but are somewhere in a middle-realm. 

so the connection that i observed between my state and these appearances was so strong that i've more or less adopted the buddhist attitude described in the Bardo Thodol – ok probably talking Chinese here – that's a traditional Tibetan guidebook on what happens after death, which is essentially a series of crazy visions and such; there are specific instructions that help you get through them (related to meditation, seeing stuff as projections of the mind even if it's scary, etc.). i don't understand much of this ancient scripture, but the one thing i keep coming back to is this sense that – while i don't think this stuff is fantasy, as in stuff i just imagine, it has an energy and presence of its own – as long as i have a grip on my mind, more or less (which i'm practicing A LOT also for other reasons, like overcoming mental health issues) – it keeps within its limits. 

it's also possible though that i haven't been dealing with anything that grave, hence have the feeling that a calm mind (not in a banal sense, really with some deeper work) keeps it at bay. 

so in that sense, even if it's projections from visitors – i still wouldn't treat that as random but an alert that i'm becoming receptive to the wrong kind of stuff. for some reason. (such as depression, bad nutrition – big deal in my case, overstimulation, etc.)

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
3 months ago
79 posts

spiritualskies: Not sure if Ur looking for specific answers or whatever on Ur blog post, or from someone specific?

sorry i'm not sure what you mean?

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book