Child reoccurring nightmare

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
6 months ago
1,194 posts
I know a child's imagination is scary to them sometimes but my granddaughter who is 4 keeps having the same one over and over. She calls it the bad baby. It makes people die. At first I just thought it was just a night mare but she has dreamed of it 3 times this week. Each time she tells me about it I instruct her to tell it to go away , and not come back. Last night it happened again so I smudge her with sage and told her she is protected now.

Any other suggestions? The dreams are so vivid. She is very detailed when she tells me about them.
updated by @rene: 08/12/17 02:27:27AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
476 posts

@rene:

Yowza. That is a terrifying thing to deal with. That poor girl. When my daughter was that age she had some really brutal reoccurring dreams where people were getting butchered in a blood bath. Back then I did not know that she or I were empaths so there wasn’t much I could do. And luckily the dreams never became anything other than a bad dream. But I do know things visit us in our sleep. And in just guessing maybe an entity is getting some kicks out of freaking your granddaughter out? In recent years I have had good luck with placing protection stones in my room and my kid’s rooms. It cuts down on weird stuff and some harassment we get at times while trying to sleep. Maybe try putting some black tourmaline or black obsidian near her bed or under her pillow? I would hope that would improve her sleep a bit.

Rene''
@rene
6 months ago
1,194 posts
Ok. I will try the stones. She is also spiritual at this young age.
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
6 months ago
866 posts

Do you recall the exact dream?

Do you think it may have anything to do with something she has watched, read, overheard, etc.

Do you know what exactly she does before bed, falling asleep, etc.?  As this may have something to do with her dreams.

Rene''
@rene
6 months ago
1,194 posts
Yes. We don't let her watch too much tv at night because she gets too wound up. We also don't let her have any sugar before bedtime. She takes a bath and plays with her dolls mostly. I don't know where she could of see anything like this at. It scared me because the last dream the bad baby tried to touch her.
lostsoul1144
@lostsoul1144
6 months ago
6 posts
So sorry to hear that, try placing an energetic barrier around her before she goes to sleep with the intention of her sleeping restfully. Tell her to face the dream without fear and merely observe it. She is the one in control.

As a young child, I can't recall the age, I would have terrifying dreams about a naked chicken man who kept trying to give me a green shot. It went away after I gave up and he gave me the shot never to see the chicken man again. Recently a guide told me then my perception was warped of the dream and what was really happening, supposedly it was a gift, however my subconscious made it appear dark and scary as with most things we don't understand. I hope this helps.
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
476 posts

@rene:

I had a reoccurring dream for about 12 years in my youth. It was horrible. In the dream I was running through some sort of barren wasteland with some sort of howling monster chasing me. But it was like I was running in sand as I could not gain any distance. The monster seemed to be gaining on me by the second as I could hear its hot breath and hooves getting closer and closer. At the end of the dream the monster would always get within 20 feet of me and I knew I was toast and would be overrun and killed. At that distance I could clearly see that the monster was some sort of demonic beast with red glowing eyes. Luckily I would always wake up before I got hurt in the dream. 

Back in those days nothing paranormal or weird really happened to me in my awake life. It was just an awful dream. If there was a message for me in that repeating dream, it is lost on me to this day. But my point is that kids have very vivid imaginations and it is part of growing up to experience those. I don't know how we can really know what parts of a child's dream is spiritual or paranormal, and which part is just a vivid imagination.

But I think you are doing the right thing by trying out some protections stones, cutting back on sugar and food before bed, and just trying to keep her environment calm so that bedtime isn't something she equates to fear. I seem to recall my daughter had a nightmare almost nightly between 4 and 6. And then it just stopped.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book