Kid's dream mirrors my own experiences lately

To post a reply, login or signup

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
9 months ago
108 posts

In the past two weeks, I've been reading some books on past lives and have started doing a meditation where the hope is that eventually you can see something from your past lives.  I was doing it this morning and my daughter was still asleep.  After I finished, she woke up and came into my room.  She said she had a depressing dream.  I asked her about it and she said that part of the earth was going to be destroyed and that I went to another universe.  I didn't have a bad feeling about it, rather, it seemed to me to mirror the fact that lately I have literally been expanding my universe and becoming more aware of other realities.  I was able to reassure her that no matter what, I felt that our souls would always be able to be together.  Anyway, just wanted to share.  I myself don't seem to have dreams with any meaning, but this seemed like a doozy.

updated by @calmidwester: 07/28/17 04:39:50PM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
528 posts

Dreams are always hard to interpret. We do know from science that our brains use sleep to problem solve and deal with our fears and frustrations. The media is fierce and really irresponsible these days with the way they over hype everything and focus on continual bad news. It's possible that she just overheard a few doomsday news stories and her mind is working through that. But I don't mean to discount anything empathic from her dream. I just don't see anything that jumps out with obvious meaning other than the fear of losing you to a disaster. And that's a pretty common type of kid dream.

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
9 months ago
108 posts

True, true! It was unusual only in that she said I went to another Universe.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
528 posts

I have had others tell me that when they meditate and astral travel that they can travel to a specific person's mind and dream and insert themselves there. I'm just guessing but maybe a connection there for you and your daughter?

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
9 months ago
108 posts

That's what I was thinking.  She has randomly said things like that we are psychically connected, etc.  She's only nine, but has always said things like that.  I wish I had asked her more about it when she was younger.  Oh well, live and learn.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
9 months ago
410 posts

I was thinking that your daughter may have had a prophetic dream about the end of the world and the transition to the New Earth. At least that's what it sounds like to me. The theory is, is that only certain people (enlightened, gifted, sensitive) will elevate their vibration to transcend to the New Earth. Maybe your daughter was seeing that you are heading in that direction. Children are very perceptive :)

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
9 months ago
108 posts

That's interesting @Lotusfly. I definitely felt that the way she described it was different from the typical way kids talk.  The idea of being separated from my kids has always really upset me, as it does for many parents I'm sure.  I have found the past life information somewhat comforting in that regard, but still, when I imagine not being here with them, I'm not at the point where I am like 'oh it'll be fine because my soul can still visit them.'  I do keep reading, in all of the the different books by different authors that we should realize the little coincidences we see/hear in our daily lives probably aren't coincidences at all.  I used to really believe that and then for whatever reason, I grew cynical and just didn't open my heart in that way.  I am going back towards that way of thinking now for sure.  I think regardless, there is still the aspect of trust and a lot of unknown that we have to accept and that's not my strength, at least yet!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book