Scary Dream Where I Saw Myself From Above The Bed

To post a reply, login or signup

Calla Lily
@calla-lily
10 months ago
11 posts

So this dream occurred probably about a month ago.  In the dream I saw myself from above the bed wearing a nightgown I actually have but not the one I was wearing when the dream occurred and there was a person (a male) holding a long, thin knife to my neck.  (Could have even been one of those skinny handsaws).  I couldn't see his face, just his arm and hand holding the knife and he was wearing a black and white striped, long sleeved, close-fitting shirt.  I immediately woke up after this 'dream' and the natural light in the room was identical to the light in the dream as if it had really happened but there was no one in the room when I woke up of course.  I was a little startled because I was thinking, "Did that really happen, is it going to happen, or was it just a scary dream?"  Has anyone else ever had a dream like this?  This is the first time something like his has happened so it freaked me out a bit. 

updated by @calla-lily: 06/12/17 11:23:00PM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
507 posts

@calla-lily:

That is certainly a scary thing to have happen. We are all so vulnerable sleeping. Dreams are always a bit tricky to interpret. Sometimes a dream is just your mind working away beneath the surface working through fears. Other times you may have an angel or spirit drop ideas in your dream as a lesson or warning. And then some people see the future or relive a past life through dreams.

All in all I think it may be hard to pinpoint what you should take from this until you learn more from future dreams or life events that somehow connect. But when I have dreams like this happen I always default to trying to understand what the lesson might be. I think you dreaming of yourself watching yourself means you tapped into something spiritual (I sometimes get like this when having deep meditation). I also think your note on the lighting is telling. That could be a visual clue for you to pay attention and not just shrug this off as a meaningless dream. My advice would be to default to what the meaning may be. And without trying to scare you I think the meaning may be for you to be more careful with men in the near term. It could mean that someone will try to get close to you and hurt you emotionally. It could also be a warning to be more careful with your personal safety (locking doors and windows at home etc...).  I'm not saying be paranoid or live scared. Just make a mental note to be safer and more suspicious for a while until more of the story gets filled in for you. 

Hermes.V
@hermes
10 months ago
104 posts

Hi @calla-lilly

I'd agree very much with hop-daddy that dreams are somewhat tricky to interpret. I have learned dream interpretation from a couple of teachers and even with years of interpretation, there is no guarantee on the accuracy. Yet, here, I will give my insight as to what this may mean, so this is more of an opinion, open for discussion.

Let us start from the most solid part, where the lighting in the dream and the room is the same. This would tend to indicate that the dream is telling about something in the present.  The part where you dream about seeing yourself, I very much agree with hop-daddy's interpretation, that you are tapping into something spiritual. The next significant clue we get is that the incident is occurring on your bed, indicating that it is very close to you perhaps even intrapersonal. In feng shui, the bedroom affects personal life and relationships, and the bed is the first thing to consider when arranging a bedroom. Next, when we look at the nightgown you are wearing, there are a few things we can consider here. First that it is a nightgown, meaning something worn when going to sleep / rest. Second that it is not the nightgown you have on, yet one in your possession. Clothes in symbolic dreams usually indicate a role you play, such as mother, friend, associate, employee, consultant, teacher, student, these are all roles. A nightgown would indicate the role that is played between the 'awake' world and the 'dream' world or 'metaphorical' world. This would indicate a role such as a shaman, an intuitive, a seer, even an empath. There should be a 'feel' about the clothing, that can give more precise indications. Finally we have the 'shadow' holding 'you' hostage. This is indicative of the shadow self holding the particular 'role' hostage. The shadow-self is what most people commonly refer to as the ego. Yet, its important to understand the the shadow-self is merely one side of the ego, the ego can be very helpful if it wants to. Now then, this particular shadow self is clad in black and white, which reminds us of the clothing worn by convicts of past eras. More than that it tells us of black and white, the story of shadows and judgement.

Now, putting it all together, we find a message that says that your shadow-self is holding a part of you hostage. That part of you being held hostage is that part that connects your spiritual self to your waking self.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
507 posts

@hermes:

I love your interpretation of her dream. I think that makes logical sense.

Calla Lily
@calla-lily
10 months ago
11 posts

Thank you Hop Daddy and Hermes.  A lot of what both of you said makes sense.  I was through a divorce with an abusive (narc) ex-husband a few years ago, followed back-to-back with a boss I no longer work for who was the same.  After those experiences, although my empathic abilities were still going strong, the other abilities seemed to be clogged.  It's taken a while to feel as if I've gotten my entire self back but the other experiences are slowly starting to trickle back in as well.  (Have taken extra precautions at home with safety too, just to be sure.)  Seeing myself in the dream and tapping into something spiritual, plus the knife, I wonder if it meant that my 'voice' or 'expression' was being cut off with my abilities or spiritual self.  That makes sense too, in light of what you have both said and what has gone on in the last four years.  With the nightgown, I suppose the feeling that came with it was 'mother.'  Thanks again to both of you - this has helped me a great deal.  :-)

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
507 posts

You are very welcome. I also forgot to mention that I think the nightgown being such an important part of what you remember that it could represent that you feel or will feel soon feel vulnerable about something. I'm not getting much from the fact that you had a different nightgown on versus the one in your dream (except that maybe that was a tip that this experience is yet to come). But if you buy into the dream being some sort of foresight or warning, I see this as more of a relationship concern. Probably just be on guard as you may have someone coming into your life who may not be good for you. This someone could be a person who will bring you down and deplete your energy.

Hermes.V
@hermes
10 months ago
104 posts

Yes, you are very welcome, I'm glad to hear we are able to help you :).

@hop-daddy, thank you, it was easy for me to make a logical interpretation when your own interpretation already cleared most of the way.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book