This sounds like a silly symbol, but it keeps recurring

Sarah
Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

So, a few weeks ago, I decided to start growing out my super short pixie cut. I've had it since 2010, and I think it's time for a change. Since then, I've had several dreams where I woke up in the morning with my hair grown out. One time it was beautiful and wavy and red and long (which is nothing like my real hair, but it was pretty), and just now I dreamed I woke up and realized it was long already and I cut it into a really cute sharp aline bob.

As dumb as this sounds, I think this dream is about more than my literal growing out my hair. I think it has to do with my spiritual journey I'm on away from my church and into my own deeper connection to God and myself. I looked up dream symbols of long hair or growing out hair, but couldn't find anything that felt right. Any ideas?

updated by @sarah: 02/28/17 01:51:50AM
Ecila
Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Check out this site. Scroll down to the psychological and spiritual meanings:

http://dreamsnest.com/hair/

This is the original site which gives more detail but is in broken english:

http://www.dreamtation.com/docs/3600.htm

"the hair often describes our soul state, - hence, one pays attention to whether it concerns in the dream full or thin, cultivated or weird hair."

Sarah
Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

These are awesome! Thank you, and sorry I didn't respond sooner. I think you are right on.

Pat-Starbridge
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

I agree with Stan's comment. The crown chakra is often considered the symbolic connection to God and the higher states. You mentioned that you had your hair a certain way and now you want a change, which is similar to your wanting to change certain areas (spiritual) in your life. I think dreaming of different hair and different styles is symbolic of the many directions that you can take in your spiritual life. You are starting "anew" and you don't have to be stuck with one style (or belief system) but can open up to many possibilities. I'd also mention that the actual act of cutting hair or changing the style is often seen as a need for change. A stylist friend once said that he knew when a client was about to make a major change in her life because she would drastically change her hair

Sarah
Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

I think you are right on here. I also love that in my dream, I woke up and my hair was different than I expected, but it was beautiful and surprising. That's how I feel about where I am in this journey right now, not where I expected, but it is more beautiful than I expected as well. :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book