Reoccurring dreams

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
I have 3 reoccurring dreams, nightmares, to be precise. I have been having for about 4 years now. I would really like to know what they mean but the significance behind them is not obvious to me at all. I have tried analyzing them using online "dream dictionaries" and such but each different site has it's own interpretation of what each symbol means. And on top of that, I'm not sure which parts are the significant parts containing symbols I should research and which parts are just insignificant details. If anyone has advice on a good online source to use for researching this or if they'd like to know more about the dreams to help me themselves I'm open to anything. Im just ready to know what the dreams mean and stop having them hopefully.
updated by @emmy-long: 03/13/17 07:11:57AM
Kate
@kate
3 years ago
131 posts

I'd suggest you try searching more thoroughfully within yourself and practice in trusting your intuition, if the online resources can't open up certain feelings/ideas that you bottled up and appear as problems through the nightmares.

Then again, maybe it is not something you keep at bay within yourself and you shouldn't, but maybe about what you don't do/refuse doing in your daily life that keeps you from walking on an ascending trail. Maybe it is about having to do something with your environment, maybe you maintain a toxic relationship with someone you shouldn't anymore, and as we all know, sometimes, letting go or forgetting is the best solution, when growth is needed and everything else has been consumed. Maybe you are tired, and you should do something for yourself more, from a physical point of view as well (exercise, getting rid of negative energies, your general mindset about life & co)

Well, these are just a few tips and starting points, maybe it would be better if you could describe your nightmare? :d

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
Thank you for that! The one that has been happening most recently is that I am with friends (but I don't actually know these people in real life) and a man comes in with a chainsaw and I realize he is a murderer so I tell my friends to run. For what ever reason he doesn't hurt us with the chainsaw but he does inject us with something To put us to sleep and then locks us up in a garage. In the dream I wake up and nobody is there so I stumble out of the garage and start running and screaming for help. Somebody I know always ends up driving down the road and sees me to rescue me (it's a different person everytime). They take me home and I realize my mom isn't there so I ask where she is and they tell me she's out looking for me. I know she has gone back to the place with the bad man but nobody else seems to be concerned about that so I run back to the place to find her. While in there searching the bad man returns and so I grab a big knife off the table in the room and get ready to fight him and then I wake up. Everytime I wake up before I get to fight him or find my mom.
Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
3 years ago
86 posts

Interpreting dreams is a very personal thing. First know that God/your subconscious mind/The Universe (plug in your name for your Higher Power) uses dreams to help us find answers to life's problems. He/She uses "symbols" (in not only dreams, but in life too) to talk to us. Finding a good symbol book can be trying, but my favorite book is by Denise Linn, The Secret language of signs.

With that said, using symbols is an art and with all new things, it takes time to learn it. I find that the easiest way to figure out dreams is to just follow your emotions. How were you feeling when "this" happened in the dream? Was it envy, fear, love? Since dreams usually parallel our living world, look to your life and see where you have been feeling envy, fear, love?

Next, examine how the dream ended. What emotion were you feeling? Then, plug that emotion into your waking world and you have a solution to a living problem. Another small item-if you have reoccurring dreams, then whatever the Universe is trying to tell you is not getting through. What do humans do when they feel that no one is listening? We yell! This is how nightmares happen. The Universe is going to great lengths to get your attention about something. If you are having difficulty figuring it out, send me the dream (as much of the dream as you can remember-I know that we lose much once we awaken) and I will help you.

Sending you good vibes...

-janett-

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
Thank you Janett. I think I got so carried away with trying to see what the symbols meant that I forgot to think about how it was making me feel. I also posted the dream above in a comment if you would like to read it.
Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
3 years ago
86 posts

This dream is a fear-based dream. You are afraid of moving on or away from old beliefs/ ways of doing things, old relationships. You want to get out of this pattern of life, but keep repeating the same cycle. i.e. You are going in circles.

DREAM: Starts with a man (assertive/aggressive side of self) with a chainsaw (symbolizes cutting/pruning areas of life that need to be thinned out in order to make room for fresh growth) who is a murderer (again, killing off beliefs or behaviors that are no longer needed) You tell everyone to run (running away from a situation or something that you are not yet ready to see) You get locked up in a garage (a place of safety) and are injected and put to sleep (unwillingness to see or change anything-stagnation)

You wake up and scream for help (when you ask for help, it is ALWAYS given from the angelic realm) You feel safe again. Once home,though, you realize that you have lost your Mother (nurturing side of self, the wise woman who dwells inside you) You don't want to lose that part of self, so you go looking for it, but the bad man is back (starting your cycle of fear again)

I suggest that you take some time and decide what it is or where it is that you want to be/do. Once you make a decision (or even if you can't make a decision) meditate/pray and ask for guidance. This dream is telling you that you are desperately wanting to do/be something else, but lack either the skills or will power to move beyond where you are today.

Sending you lots of love. I know that you can do this!

-janett-

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
Thank you Janett! I think your interpretation makes a lot of sense and I'm going to think about it and see which areas of my life this could speak to.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book