Reoccurring dream location

To post a reply, login or signup

Phyllis2
@phyllis2
last year
11 posts
Recently I have been having dreams of the house I grew up in until age 12. I havent been back in the house since I moved at age 12, and showed my kids the house a few years ago when we were in town, but haven't given it a second thought since. Why do i continue to be in this house in dreams as an adult? Last night I was there with people that I didn't recognize shaking hands, left handed, with a man I don't recognize. Why does this house keep showing up?
updated by @phyllis2: 02/28/17 02:48:56PM
Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

In my dreams anyways, houses are a major symbol. For me they represent my life. Sometimes they are new and beautiful and sometimes run down, but with lots of beauty and potential. Sometimes I find rooms I didn't know where there and things like that. How do you feel about your childhood home? Is it a positive place or negative place or relatively neutral? What did the people in the house feel like to you? I feel like there is more to this dream than just the facts. What did it feel like?

Phyllis2
@phyllis2
last year
11 posts
The house was neutral. There were some negative things that happened and my parents eventually divorced, hence the move, but it was a house that they built and I have a lot of memories there. The house is always as I remembered...the layout I mean. I don't remember some of the earlier dreams in too much detail, just that I'm at this house. Last night, there was a tornado coming, which is weird because the house is in Houston and we had hurricanes. (I live in Omaha and we just had tornados last week, so, much be the connection) but it as dark and I was going up the stairs to what was my brothers room and as holding hands with a man I knew in the dream, but don't recognize in life. It felt somewhat romantic in nature, or could have lead to it. There were one or two people downstairs but I never really saw them, I was just aware that they were there. I feel like (some parts I'm not clear on now that the day has passed) but I feel like my kids were there as well in other rooms. But, for some reason, the fact that I was holding this man's hand and shaking it with the left hand, kept being brought to my attention in the dream. I remember thinking to myself in the dream...Why am I holding this guys hand? And why is it the left hand? I juust remember that it felt nice the longer I held it. It felt comforting.Does that help? The more I think about it, the more confused I get. I know the left handed thing means something. Any thoughts?
Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

I don't know why, but I'm drawing a blank, but I can tell this means something that would probably be pretty obvious to other members of this board. I'm commenting to pull it back up and see if we can get you some answers.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book