Fish in the Washing Machine

To post a reply, login or signup

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

I just had a weird dream that I feel was saying something, but I don't know what. I can't remember the rest of the dream, but I remember stuff felt off and not good. The part I remember was opening the washing machine to do a load of laundry and there was sort of fetted, greenish shallow water with some sort of flat, kind of gross bottom feeding fish. I tried to get it out, but accidentally started hurting it because pieces of it were coming off, but I didn't mean to hurt it. I wasn't sure what to do, and I didn't know how to get it out or clear out the bad water.

I think it might have to do with a few things, but I can't connect the dots. I'm in a job I don't like. I wake up every morning since I got this job last Autumn panicked and sick because I don't want to go. Don't worry, it's a job with an end date, and I'm only a couple of months from the worst part ending, and after that I only have two more months of a much easier work load with it, and then I'm done with it for good. Also, my husband works days and nights at two jobs he doesn't like. We just really need some changes in our employment and financial situation, and I was thinking about that when I woke up for an hour or so before I had this dream. Most mornings I am going to this job, I have nightmares for an hour or two before it's time to get up and go, but this one felt like it meant something.

Also, I've been doing some big energy healing and clearing out the old to make way for the new and I have hope that things will keep getting better for me, but I'm in that place where I'm ready for the new, but it hasn't quite arrived, except that I feel better about my life (except for the job situation for me and my husband), but overall, I like where things are for me. I've been clearing away old traumas and old wounds and old unhealthy patterns I was carrying. I think whatever the dream means, it must have something to do with all this. Anyone have any ideas?

updated by @sarah: 02/26/17 06:26:16PM
Melody
@melody
last year
23 posts

You are right on. It is about clearing out the old energies, the traumas, and wounds. Each piece coming off represents what you have cleared out. The remaining fish and bad water is work that remains. You were trying to load something else that needed cleaned but it's not time yet. The first load needs to finish. Are you unsure of the healing you have begun? I would say keep doing your energy work, focus on protection coming from your divine spirit before you go to work each day and when you are off work immediately take a shower/bath with a pure salt scrub and replenish your positive energies.

Love and Light

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

Oh wow! This is so helpful! Thank you! I hadn't thought of it this way. It really got me thinking. I think the fish must represent people in my life who are bad for me, that I am still loath to hurt with my healing, and sort of skirting around healing because I don't want to hurt them or toss them out. I need to, though. After your comment, I was able to do some energy work to help me begin to let go of people that don't have my highest and best good at heart, and to not worry so much about hurting them. If they really had my best interest at heart, they would be happy for me, not angry and hurt that they can't control me or use me anymore. I'm going to have to get rid of that metaphorical fish, and it might hurt it in the process, but I need to be brave enough to do it, for my best good.

I'm going to follow your advice about focusing on protection coming from my divine spirit and do the bathing ritual to help me replenish my positive energies. You are right, they are very depleted. I can do this.

Thank you so much!

Melody
@melody
last year
23 posts

You are so welcome!

Sammie
@sammie
last year
106 posts

I didn't see "people". I saw a PERSON in particular that kind of revels in your discontent because they are discontent themselves.

Now as for the murky water, that came across to me as a representation of your home. Think about it. Your clothing is the closest thing to your skin, right? If the washing machine water is dirty, then your clothes will be dirty, then so are you by transference.

With that being said I would encourage you to evaluate your health choices, habits and try your best not to allow negativity at work or with "so called friends" determine how you feel and act once you get home.

Don't allow negativity in any form to contaminate what is closest to you including how you think of and treat yourself.

I encourage you and your husband not to allow the stress of your work to dictate your home life or relationship as much as it can be managed. Release it all before you enter your home.

Eat healthy, get rest, go out on dates, exercise, communicate, do some spring cleaning. Get your home in order ("drain the dirty water") then there is no where for that fish("negative energy") to live.

Fish are slippery. With no environment for it to thrive in, it will die and be much easier to remove. Hope this helps.

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

Interesting. I did have a friend a day and a half before I dreamed this ask for some advice about a family issue. I gave her advise, meaning to be helpful, but she took it wrong and lashed out at me and told me she never wants to be friends with me again, and then went on Facebook and told everyone that she knows a terrible person who spews hate and all this stuff. It was super alarming because I meant no harm at all, and I can't even begin to see what part of what I said was hateful. It was like it was all in her imagination and she is punishing me for it. She is doing psychic attack on me and I keep having to clear dark stuff from her. She wants me to be as miserable as her so I will feel deep remorse for the advice I gave her, which is completely irrational. I don't want her to be miserable, and me being miserable wouldn't change what I said to her. I guess part of me still doesn't want to hurt her at all, but another part of me is super alarmed at her extreme reaction, and I see that it's a blessing that she cut off our friendship. Her behavior set off a series of PTSD triggers I have from growing up with narcissist parents and being the scapegoat kid. It didn't matter what you said, or if you meant it nicely, it could all blow up at any minute and you are blamed and called a bad guy, while you are just reeling and trying to make sense of something that makes no sense.

I do think negativity has permeated everything since I got this job back in October. I feel blue most of the time, unless it's the weekend or a holiday, then I feel more myself and can have fun and do things I enjoy. It's not even a bad job, and I love the people I work with and all that, but for some reason, the energy of the job is squelching my soul. I don't even really laugh or anything much anymore and if you know me, you'd know that was a very big deal. At least it's temporary, because the job ends at the beginning of August and I can move on. I don't know how to leave work at work and clear all that energy before I get home, because part of me just knows I'm going back the next day and have to do it all over again. It's like my spirit is coping by just being defeated. I guess I can try some other energy techniques and all that, but I'm not sure what, and taking care of how I tend to my body and life is always good advise. Yes, my house has gone to the dogs since I got this job, too. I just don't have time or energy to clean up after anyone anymore, and I feel like I've sort of lost touch with it.

I think I need to find more ways to increase my positivity in my energy and body and soul and home. I can thank my soul for letting me know that this job is not a forever job for me, but I can tell my guides or whatever that I need it to be a better situation while I'm in my last few months of it, so I can not lose so much of my soul and happiness to it.

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

Sheesh! I just had a dream that there was a beautiful baby deer that was being studied to see what different types of hunters would do to it. I saw a huge snake, bigger than any in real life with it's mouth open and a dead baby deer inside. Then I saw the game keeper trying to get different animals to kill the live baby deer. None of it had worked so far, and as the dream switched, they were about to send a pack of wild giant dogs after the poor thing. I feel upset thinking about it.

Then my dream switched to my husband and I doing very well and being happy and moving forward in our lives, when all of a sudden, dark things invaded our home. My husband in real life doesn't really believe in energy work or any of that that I do, even though he sees it is of benefit to me and supports it. In the dream, he could for the first time see clearly that energy is a real thing because he could feel the darkness. It felt really dark and really bad. Again, I feel upset thinking about it.

Whatever is going on inside of me feels big, but I don't totally get it.

Raven3
@raven3
last year
15 posts
Water for me represents your mental or emotional state. Since it was gross and cloudy, it sounds like you have a lot of negative things on your mind. Your clothes are a representation of yourself. The fish to me is creativity...which will help you clear out your negative emotional state.
Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

That makes sense. I did have a lot of hard things I was trying to get through when I had this dream. Creativity is how I connect to myself, so that would make sense. Thanks!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book