Dreaming of Cruise Ships

To post a reply, login or signup

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

Last night, I kept dreaming of cruise ships. I was always in the water in a smaller boat, or on the dock watching, but every time, the cruise ship was enormous and fancy, kind of like Great Gatsby, but each one was different. And each time, they slipped right next to me very close, but I was never on one. Anyone have any idea what this might mean?

updated by @sarah: 02/24/17 10:58:42PM
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
last year
729 posts

My very first impression was that you have big dreams but fear going after them because you don't feel worthy of them. They slipped in right next to you every time so I believe that you are not reaching out to fill your own potential. That was just the first thought that came to me after reading your post!

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

Hm, I could see that. I am a writer by profession, but I have a day job as well. In October I took a new day job that has a lot more hours, and my writing has been on the back seat since then, even though I have a book close to being ready to send to my agent to see if we can sell it. I've been feeling the call to do better at working on my writing daily, but I've not been very diligent about it because of the day job.

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
last year
729 posts

Interesting! Do you currently have any books published? And is your agent open to reading new authors? I have a book that I self published but would love to find an agent and a publisher at some point. Keep writing, because if you're like me, that is a huge dream. The seven ships could be seven books! Good luck!

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

I do have one book published. I think my agent only takes references from conferences and things like that, though, and she also only represents children's books. A great place to start finding an agent is going to Predators and Editors. They list all active agents and which ones might meet your specific need, and which ones are good ones and which to avoid. It can be a long process to get an agent, but it's totally worth it. Good luck to you! :)

Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

The dream shows you that you are literally waiting for your ship to come in! I agree with Bill...go for it! The different ships could be different opportunities that are passing you by or yet to come...or books. Good luck:)

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

You know, I bet you're right. I live in a community where I am not the only nationally published author. There are tons of us who write in the same genre, so here, being published is small fish compared to s

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

Weird, some of that message disappeared. You are totally right. How do you do that?I think I see my author friends getting on the New York Times bestseller lists and winning major awards and all that, and I am so happy for them, but I want my turn to really take off. It may or may not happen and I should just be happy with being nationally published, but I think I'm waiting for more and hopefully I'm ready for it.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book