Dream Within a dream

To post a reply, login or signup

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

This tops as one of the most bizarre dreams I've ever had. Last night I had a dream within a dream. I can't remember all of it because I had another bizarre dream after it. I do recall feeling a cat's fur. At first I wasn't sure if it was a cat but was thinking that I was dreaming that I was petting a cat. I thought how odd that I can feel something so vividly in a dream...So I dreamed that I was dreaming of petting a cat. The fur feeling became more and more tactile and then I knew that I was petting my cat who died last year and I began to make him out in my vision. Then I was telling him, telepathically or verbally, that I loved him. He seemed okay.

The other part of the dream that I don't really remember had my ex in it. It was unpleasant in some way and I came out of the dream state. I do remember that I had a hard time coming out of it and it felt like two layers of whatever it is to get through to come back to the awaken state. I did wake up but not long enough to write it all down before I went back to sleep and had a horrible dream about guys doing too much work on my house (It is under contract now and the buyers want a lot of repairs that are stressing me out). They were taking my house apart. Two people I met at the Buddhist monastery were there telling me to watch out for those guys. Then my son was in the basement with a fire going. He looked just like me from behind (when I was younger with long curly hair). I started going around picking up pieces of wood to help his fire.

I'm not sure if they are related. The last one could just by my worry about the house situation. I think the fire is a good sign. The first one was just so weird!! I don't think I ever even remember feeling anything in a dream before. Any thoughts? Just wanted to share the strangeness of the night:)

And I do love the poem by Edgar Allen Poe but haven't been reading it lately...Oh my god...I have been thinking about how so many things seem to have passed away over the last decade of my life, which is what this poem is about...I've lost so much, people, pets, and now my house. I just realized that as I pasted this...and my old cat lived most all his life in the house I'm selling. I also got him from my ex.

Take this kiss upon the brow!

And, in parting from you now,

Thus much let me avow

You are not wrong, who deem

That my days have been a dream;

Yet if hope has flown away

In a night, or in a day,

In a vision, or in none,

Is it therefore the less gone?

All that we see or seem

Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar

Of a surf-tormented shore,

And I hold within my hand

Grains of the golden sand

How few! yet how they creep

Through my fingers to the deep,

While I weep while I weep!

O God! Can I not grasp

Them with a tighter clasp?

O God! can I not save

One from the pitiless wave?

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

updated by @ecila: 03/02/17 07:48:01PM
Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Thanks so much for that Fancy Girl. I was starting to get the "nobody likes my post" syndrome we've been talking about..lol. I think you are right about the cat (and all of it really). It was so odd to feel him so clearly. Have you ever felt anything in a dream? I've smelled things before (the last time being my dog who is also passed).

The next day, my realtor told me about the buyers trying to back out of the deal. They also were saying some things that weren't true about the house...long story there...but the Buddhist folks were definitely telling me the truth when they said not to trust. Things have settled down now with the house and the dreams have stopped.

I hate it when I dream of the ex, also deceased. He doesn't show up too often these days but used to be a real problem.

You have a wonderful holiday yourself!!!

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Thank you! I've learned a lot from you already, too.

I have cut cords with the ex, finally, and I had to forgive him..a lot. I try to only speak well of him and put up a photo of him with my son on the bookshelf. (It's a kind of ancestor shrine and seems to have been effective) It took a loooong time to get him out of my dreams. There were lots of issues and he died a sudden, traumatic death. I know he was coming back for some kind of closure...had some really strange dreams with him. In one of them I was with him when the car crashed. It was like he was showing me what happened and I had the feeling he was reliving the event trying to come to terms with it. When the dreams finally came near an end, I had one of him going into a great light and felt his fear and dissolution from this realm...very strange.

I'm not worried if no one replies to my posts...really. It helps sometimes just to have a place to share things and sometimes I'm just babbling. Times when I really need help have been overwhelmingly supported on this forum and I will always be grateful.

Hope you feel better! Get some rest:)

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
2 years ago
729 posts

Ecila I also agree with Fancy Girl about your cat. I believe your cat, since it pretty much started this dream experience, was letting you know that he/she was fine where he was and not to worry. I also think he was helping to construct your dream in a way that was showing you that change of many kinds are happening in your life and not to fear. I think the message is that you don't need to fear letting go because nothing is ever forgotten but everything always moves forward and he is still right there with you in spirit no matter what!

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Oh that's such a pleasant thought Bill! It would be just like my cat to be so reasonable and calm. Thanks so much for that:)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book