Crows in Dreams

To post a reply, login or signup

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

I just woke from a dream that felt really symbolic, like it was giving me a message. I think I understand parts of it, but one of the bigger parts. I'm not sure.

I dreamed a girl I worked with years ago at church and who is grown and married now was pregnant with twins. She went to the birthing center and then to the hospital. She had a boy and a girl. Her sister was with her to support her. This sister didnt know anything about birth, and was shocked and disturbed to learn what a c-section was. She couldnt watch the c-section, but when she was shown the stitches, she was very freaked out.

When the babies were born there were two colors, orange and blue. They kind of looked the hue of sports team colors. I dont even know what they were on, maybe balloons or banners or something, but those two colors were there, and seemed a huge symbol that wanted not to be missed.

I dreamed I was out at night. There was a far away storm. I had been getting scared by storms lately, but his didn't feel like a scary storm. In fact, I told the people I was with that this was almost a soothing storm rather than a scary one. There were crows everywhere and they were really creepy. It was like you couldnt see them until the lightning flashed, and in the flash you could see hundreds or thousands of them picking a part and pecking at animal corpses. A group of them flew right up to me. I was sitting down and one in the group came up and looked at me right in the face. We were practically nose to nose. I touched his beak and it just stood there like it wanted me to know something and had come to tell me, but there were no words.

I think the first part of the dream represents my healing from leaving my religion and the battle between the two worlds that I experience--the world of a fundamentalist religion and the world of freedom, and the battle my subconscious is still going through in healing me. I think the colors might represent wholeness because they are opposite colors one representing more body centered and creative and cheerful, and the other more spiritual and enlightened and peace.

I think the storm might mean the battle I am in right now. It was acute and scary and hard for a lot of the year I've been in this faith shift, but lately it has smoothed and I've embraced the hard parts as parts of healing, and they aren't as scary any more.

The part that has me baffled is the crows. I see them a lot in my non-dreaming life. They follow one of my daughters around, and often are around my other daughter and me as well. Not a day goes by lately when I don't see at least a few crows. I know they were trying to tell me something in my dream, but I don't know what. Especially, the one that came up to me and looked me in the eye and let me touch him.

Anyone know what that might mean? I looked it up and every site had conflicting ideas about it. I'm just not sure.

updated by @sarah: 06/10/17 01:08:12AM
Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

Yeah, you are probably right. I'm not sure what they're telling me. I'll have to ask and see if I get an answer. Thanks!

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

On the orange/blue colors - I picked up on this one. Although they are opposite on the color wheel, they are complimentary colors as the intensify each other. I do a lot with color intuition and worked with a woman who only works with complimentary colors. The blue representing the throat chakra is the area or bridge when the spiritual information is made manifest (speaking, writing, doing) and the orange representing the creative, 2nd chakra. Of course for your work, these centers are so important.

I wish I had some info on the crows. I grew up in an area with lots of crows, they were always around me as a child. Then we moved about 400 miles away to an area that didn't have any crows. After a few years, we had crows. Then I moved back east - there were crows where I lived and now I'm in another state - crows! I was sitting in my car the other day, and one just perched itself along a nearby wall. They just follow me and I really don't like them. I know that the Native Americans revere them and I've had at least one or two past lives as shaman. I just wish it was some other type of bird.

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

Interesting about the colors. That's a lot of what I thought, too--sort of the balance of the poles of the chakras. Think the symbols of the colors and the female and male twin all represent a wholeness, or parts of a whole.

Neat that you've had your own crow experiences, too. I'm sure I was, if not a shaman, at least a witch or a wise woman healer in another life, as were both of my daughters. The must follow people like us.

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

I think I just found something. I am a writer. I write middle grade novels for kids. The day before yesterday I finished a later draft of my latest book and sent it off to a friend to review, then I will fix it and send it to my agent to see if we can sell it. Well, that freed me up to get back to work on the book I've always wanted to write. I"ve started it a few times, but yesterday, it really felt like it was the time and it felt good. It's a ghost story that takes place in the house my grandparents lived in when I was little. It's going to be a scary ghost story mystery (if I can pull it off). It felt SO good to work on it yesterday.

After I posed this, I was about to go work on it, and I saw the scary image of the crows in the storm in my mind. It reminded me of the scary feeling of the book. Then I realized the crows that came to me close up and the scary crows might be giving me a sign that this is the book to do now. I asked if that was right and I got another sign. Lately, I've been finding change everywhere. I use it as a sign that guides and passed loved ones are mindful of me. As soon as I asked, I looked down and there was a penny and a dollar bill at my feet--in my kitchen, where I'd been all morning and not seen it at all. That was the first time I'd gotten paper money instead of change as a sign. I think that was a big YES.

I feel like not only I want this book written, and have since I was a little girl, but my loved ones who built the house or lived in it, or who love the town it is in want it written, too, even though many of them are passed.

Okay, now that I said all that, I better get off the internet and go work on it right now. :)

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

Wait, also something else! Long before my family lived there, it was a Miami indian city. There are still thousands of arrowheads and artifacts there. It must have been big. The history of the land is part of the story. I think, maybe even they are ready for me to write this.

No pressure. :D

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

P.S. It's the next morning and I didn't dream about crows, but a murder of them is circling my house cawing, and one keeps flying past my bedroom window over and over cawing. So interesting!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book