Can nightmares heal or are they just bad?

To post a reply, login or signup

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

I got a spiritual message last night that I need to stop working so hard and just receive love and enjoy my life to the fullest. I think that is very wise advise for me. I don't totally know how to do it, though, because I'm in the middle of a faith transition/awakening, letting go of my old beliefs and learning a new way. It's very stressful and hard and intense. Sometimes it's wonderful, but this part of it is the not very fun and happy part.

Before I went to bed last night, I asked my angels to give me a dream to help me know how to follow this spiritual message I received. Then I went to sleep.

Well, I had the most horrible nightmares all night. I dreamed that my work, which I love, made me work 15 hours a day, then I got in a plane crash that I survived, then my church that I am having my faith crisis with said that all people who don't conform to these crazy random rules they just made up in my dream--like only having blonde hair--would go to hell. So everyone in my family dyed their hair blonde and went back to church and it felt terrible. I left the church building and saw a little innocent boy get run over by a semi truck. It was very graphic and gruesome, like I was right there next to the wheels watching it in slow motion.

I woke up all jumbled and upset and relieved it was all a dream. I have been having PTSD symptoms since I started my spiritual awakening and taking time away from my church to reframe my own personal beliefs from the inside my gut rather than outside myself in the form of a church. I wonder if either the angels just didn't see fit to teach me last night, or maybe they healed and diffused some of the PTSD through my dreams. Maybe it was just one of the many PTSD symptoms, because nightmares are common with it. Was it a message? Whatever it was, my dreams have been so very active lately and I know I'm being taught and healed in my sleep, even though when I wake, I can't remember it. I just know it's happening. Anyone have any insights into nightmares like this being a kind of healing, or if a cigar is just a cigar and it was just a plain old bad dream?

updated by @sarah: 06/18/17 09:33:06PM
Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Here is a simplified take on it, and I think the message is exactly what you asked to be given:

------------------------

I dreamed that my work, which I love, made me work 15 hours a day

Your transition will involve some work.

... then I got in a plane crash that I survived

Your world will drastically change but you will get through it.

....then my church that I am having my faith crisis with said that all people who don't conform to these crazy random rules they just made up in my dream--like only having blonde hair--would go to hell. So everyone in my family dyed their hair blonde and went back to church and it felt terrible.

You can no longer go with the rules as put forth by your church. Trying to conform will not work.

I left the church building and saw a little innocent boy get run over by a semi truck. It was very graphic and gruesome, like I was right there next to the wheels watching it in slow motion.

The death of the boy is the end of your innocence, the end of your conforming.

----------

You might want to start writing your dreams down when you first wake up in the morning. If you are one of those who gets messages in dreams, you will want to learn how to interpret them. They can give you priceless information. Often things are greatly exaggerated, so try not to get frightened by the images.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Oh wow! I think you are right. This is blowing my mind. Why didn't I see that? Thank you! I do need to write them down because lately, I feel like they are teaching me things I need to know. I can't remember most of what happens in them lately, but if I'm given little bits to remember, I better record them so I can learn from them.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Glad it helped. I keep a log everyday. If I didn't I would forget them. Sometimes they don't make sense until later, and sometimes I have repeated symbols. When they repeat, I try harder to figure them out! There are lots of good interpretation sites online.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

I think I might get a special journal and write them down every morning. I used to do that when I was a teenager, but I haven't in a very long time.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

What do you mean by the dream-ego?

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Okay, thank you. I understand now. I'm sure you are right, I already know, I just have to find the courage and strength to follow what is best for me.

After I read that interpretation, I had another message come to me about it. It said that I am attempting to lower my vibrational frequency to fit into the level of my church. It's true. I'm still doing that. I don't know how to stop yet, but this all gives me faith and hope that I can learn to do this, and that I already know how. I just have to realize it. Thank you all!

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Thanks Lightworker. That one seemed pretty straight forward given Sarah's background info.

4peace
@4peace
3 years ago
187 posts

Ecila gave you a great interpretation. Be careful what you ask for sometimes :) You got the information in such a way that it was very graphic and noticeable :) That happens to me sometimes.

Something else about your dream, it may not just be your church that you feel like you are conforming to. Your work forcing you to work 15 hours a day is a sign that you feel people pushing you - as well as - the situation at your church. Also remember, that sometimes in churches the whole church gets "stuck" - or most of the people do - trying to fit in with what they "think" they should be - if that makes sense. When a group gets stuck they don't grow and become closed minded.

I'm sorry that you had such a terrible nightmare, but if you felt healing and a message, it should have been worth it :)

4peace

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

That is just lovely, Lightworker. I'm going to remember this. I push myself hard sometimes. I need to be gentle and take things as I am ready. It's just that sometimes I know the answers before I am actually able to act on them, if that makes sense. I need to just let it be that way and be okay with where I am.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

4Peace, that's exactly how I feel about my church right now, it's the church as a whole that has stopped progressing and is stuck. It's such a strange time to be in this particular religion because it feels like it is trying to grow and change and evolve, but it's being stopped by itself and traditions, and it is making the religion as a whole sick. I hope it moves past this time, but I can't wait it out any more. I still might go back sometime, but it will never be the same again, but my husband isn't going through this awakening and I support his decision to stay in the church.

Yes, I do feel pushed by forces more than my church, so I'll think about what that also may need addressing. Thanks!

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Thanks 4that 4peace! And for the added info.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Okay, thanks for the suggestion to record my dreams and learn to interpret them. I wrote down my dream this morning. I almost always remember at least little bits of my dreams, if not whole things. I realized there are some definite patterns. Including this one where I dreamed I was in a maze/labyrinth. It was fun and interesting and and kind of exciting. I had to get down on my hands and knees, even scoot on my stomach to go through it. Here's what an interpretation said about dreams of mazes and labyrinths:

Labyrinth The labyrinth is representative of the great maze of life. In most of its manifestations, the labyrinth is not solved inside your dream. This is simply an expression of your uncertainty of where life is taking you. The message of the labyrinth is to simply enjoy life while you are in it and not worry too much about figuring anything out.

It goes right along with the spiritual message I got the other day. There were bunches of elements to this dream, and when I looked up what each element meant, it made perfect sense. This is rather exciting to learn. Thanks!

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Cool! And you are most welcome. There is a lot to learn in the dream area. . .

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book