buying an abandoned house

To post a reply, login or signup

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

For the past week or two, I keep having dreams that I buy a big fancy house that is abandoned and run down. Each dream, the house gets bigger and more overwhelming. Last night the house I dreamed we bough had so many rooms I couldn't count them. It was, like the others, a beautiful grand historic house that was abandoned and left to ruin. It was fixable, but I was overwhelmed with what needed to be done. Also the one in my dreams last night also seemed to be haunted by a little girl who had died in a fire there that she accidentally started a hundred or so years ago.

In these houses there are bats and owls and animal droppings, and spider webs everywhere. All the houses seemed to have furniture left in them all kinds of things that were lovely in their day, but were left to rot. Most of them were fixable, but at considerable time and expense.

I think it has something to do with healing childhood wounds. We went to a family reunion recently and I found out, unfortunately, that an unhealthy close family member's chronic bad treatment of me since childhood is at the root of a lot of my anxiety and a lot of my other issues I don't want to go into here. I wonder if these dreams mean I'm overwhelmed with what needs to be healed and feel like I can never be free of the baggage this person has dumped on me, because that's how I feel in real life, or is it telling me something more?

At the same time, the dreams feel hopeful. They are bigger houses and each one beautiful. I don't know exactly what it all means.

updated by @sarah: 02/23/17 01:54:26PM
Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Hi Sarah. You already know what the dream means. Dreams of houses reflect our soul state. You have a grand soul that just needs some DIY and critter control. The little girl could be a part of you that died back then. Sounds like the family reunion triggered the dreams. The fact that you are buying the houses tells you that you are ready to start working on those issues of the past.You should be able to tell how you are progressing by the houses you see in your dreams..but it will take time, since you have a mansion there:)

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

I'm sure you're right. I hadn't even thought about the little girl ghost being a part of me that died back then either, or the fact that it will take time because it's a mansion. You are right. Thanks for this!

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

That's just how it seemed to me. I can't say for sure I'm right, tho. I've had dreams like that. I used to dream of a haunted house a lot....for years...and never knew what it meant back then. That was a mansion, too, come to think of it...right out of a horror movie!

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

Interesting that you've had those dreams, too.

After your comment, I decided to do some energy work. I pictured each room of the house from that dream and the others I was having. I cleared out each space and imagined it perfect and immaculate. I even changed the ghost to a live little girl and energetically gave her everything she needs and wants. I finished when each room and the grounds and the systems of the house were all clean and perfect and cleared. I don't know if it helped me or not, but things like that take time to see results sometimes. It felt nice either way.

I hope that now when you dream of houses, they are beautiful and whole. If not, maybe you can do this healing exercise, too. :)

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

I love that idea! I think I will try that the next time I have a weird house dream. Some lucid dreaming or dream yoga might also work for that type of dream. I haven't dreamed of the haunted house for many years now, but still have many about different types of houses. I'm in a transitional state so I've dreamed a lot about hotel rooms the last few years. They can be hard to interpret. Here is a pretty good detailed page about house dreams: http://www.dreamtation.com/docs/3749.htm

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

Oh wow! Thanks for that link. I think houses, along with pregnancy are my most common dream symbols. I have them all the time. That's interesting about your hotel dreams. I never thought of those being an extension of the house theme. That makes a lot of sense to me. I bookmarked the link because I'm sure I'll use it often.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Those hotel dreams seem a little different...more literal, I think. I had to put my home up for sale and move in with my dad after his wife died in a different town. I do not like it here and will be moving on after he is gone but I don't know where to...So in the dreams I'm just kinda lost. Maybe I'll try your healing method and picture my new home, wherever that will be!

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

I'm sorry you are having to go through that. That sounds like a lot of hard things. I'm sure you will find the perfect place for you when it's the right time. Hugs!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book