Barn Owls in dreams?

To post a reply, login or signup

Kate
@kate
4 years ago
131 posts

Ok, so, as usual, after weeks of dreamless nights, a strange dream stroke last night: incredibly vivid, as usual, but absolutely unrelated to what happened in the last period... or maybe this is just the facade. But I haven't searched pictures with Barn owls for, what, half an year or more?

So I was in a my high-school's yard, but A LOT modified, much greener, as if it was placed in the most beautiful susburbs of a city close to a forest (european ones), but this was only the front landscape. Because I was walking around the yard and when I turned back, I saw a collegue bringing me 2 white with brown spots Barn Owls that were tied (their wings and legs) and told me "They are Huhurezi" the name for Barn Owls in my language and I vividly heard and remembered their names. Then I suddenly realised how desolated the landscape looked behind me, and there was a storm coming, and the sky was so grey and the streets were desolated and there was more Concrete than green areas, in contrast to the forest that was ahead of me.

So I took the 2 Barn owls and hid them in a bush, because I had to go... but then I returned, scared that somebody might find them. And then the fear stroke me, when I saw them again, and I couldn't get rid of one thought "The owls will die, if I don't take care of them...". And I took the one that seemed rather sick, but was so strange and had a unusual presence, and I tried to keep it in my hands and stuff like that, but people (collegues) started to gather to see the strange Owl, and wanted to touch it, and then somebody called me, but I also knew that they were harming the owl, as it needed my energy... but someone convienced me that it will be ok, and I left with the same thought "It will die..."

Then all got foggy.

Then I returned again to the garden, and there was nobody left in the garden, but only one girl, the same that handed me the Owls tied with rope,and the landscape got even more desolated, and she told me thatthe one I left had died, and it showed it to me and said "Look in what unworthy and shamefull position it died" (the same words I remember from the dream)and it was all black, instead of white with brown spots, and it looked horrible, dead at the roots of the same tree, like trying to climbe into it, and I started to cry and accuse myself, because, once again, "I knew what I had to do but decided to follow something else instead." -the same thoughts I had during the dream-

But then I saw the second owl, identical, but a little bit smaller, still alive, breathing, but still tied, somewhere next in front of the tree, and I realised it was not intelligents or special as the first one I chose but I've lost, but it could mean a new start...

And it ended.

So what could the 2 White Barn Owls binded with rope symbolically mean, and the death of the first one 'I chose'?

p.s: sorry for any possible grammatical mistake!

updated by @kate: 05/16/17 04:17:16AM
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
4 years ago
729 posts

I was kind of waiting to see what others might have to say first, but, oh well. I'll give this a shot.

Mostly dreams are for the dreamer to try and make sense of because they often are based on the dreamers own life and challenges. The Barn Owls are both white which usually would signify that they are both pure in their energy. And because they are Owls normally you would think of them as representing wisdom. They are bound together and you had to choose to sacrifice one of them.

My guess is that you have two very similar and extremely important decisions that you need to make a choice from. And needless to say you are very confused which path to chose because either one could be very beneficial or perhaps not.

The only advice I could give, if this is true, is something my Stepmother often says: Sometimes making no choice is worse then making the wrong choice. This is something you will have to find within your own soul to resolve. Does any of that make sense in your situation?

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
4 years ago
729 posts

Thank you Michaela for your response. I was hoping that I would not be the only one to comment. A lot of people read this discussion and I wonder why at least a few of them didn't respond. If you are new to this site don't be afraid to write what you think. That is one of the great things about this site. It gives you an opportunity to respond and grow spiritually. And remember, none of us are experts at this. In fact we're probably the first humans to explore this new frontier.

Kate
@kate
4 years ago
131 posts

Thank you very much guys, i appreciate your time taken to interpretate this ^^

I do think it is like a warning, against not letting something precious at the mercy of fate and ignore my responsabilities, or follow others blindly instead of my own inner feelings that always have a meaning... heh : )

Kate
@kate
last year
131 posts

This is so old, 3 years have passed... and yet, haha, ty; even though sometimes i still wonder now about what their true significance might have been (I was way worried at that time, not about losing an opportunity, but a gift) I realized now that nothing is truly lost, just transformed, even though these processes can sometimes be painful... Just as the owl died transforming into matter at the roots of the tree standing between the 2 "worlds" (on one side the beautiful park/forest and weather, on the other concrete, grey sad sky, deserted blocks and cement and windy), the tree still stands no matter how old and grumpy it was back then. I am afraid I might have missed a few things or opportunities to become more stable myself, but the search never ends. Who knows what theseĀ 'tiny souls' hide.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book