Are disturbing dreams common with empaths?

To post a reply, login or signup

tnorm
@tnorm
last year
10 posts

First, I'd like to say I'm a skeptical person. I'm saying this first because I don't mean any offense by it. I've spent a lot of time - years - looking into the whole empath thing, but never reaching out because I felt foolish or like I was making something out of nothing. (Okay, I'm still struggling with those feelings, actually...) I've only talked to a couple of people about it, all of whom have shot the possibility of empathic traits down. So please, when I talk about my disturbing dreams, know that I am sharing something that makes me feel vulnerable and a little silly. But I cannot stop thinking about them, and I want to know if this is common with empaths.

Here's one of the dreams I had:

I've just crashed a boat that I was trying to sail on my own through a winding river of smoke. I barely escape, leaping onto the jagged black rocks that jut up all around the rolling smoke river like mountains of obsidian. The only sounds around me are whispers of wind and my own footsteps. I look down from a plateau at the wreckage as the last of my boat is silently consumed. Something black flutters away from the mountain and lands onto the ground in front of me - a crow. Two more land next to it, all three of them eyeing me expectantly.

I realize suddenly as the entire mountain moves that there are crows all around me, lining the mountain and the plateau I'm standing on. They are all facing me. The three directly in front of me begin to caw, and then all of them join in one by one. The noise is overwhelming, even when I cover my ears, and just as I think I can't take it anymore, their caws become one unanimous voice - a metallic, almost demonic voice. All at once, they begin to chant at me, one voice from a thousand bodies: "He is coming for your soul. He will devour your soul."

I've been having a lot of dreams like this. As a side note, I'm not a religious person by any means, so I don't think it has anything to do with that. But this dream in particular has been bothering me greatly.

Do you guys have disturbing dreams like this? Is this a common empath thing?

updated by @tnorm: 02/22/17 10:41:21AM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts
Hi...yes disturbing dreams are very much a part of certain empaths lives...I for one believe dreams are a way of receiving messages and warnings....they may not make sense right away...but things happen and I remember a dream I had and I say to myself..ooooh...THAT's what that means....lol...you need never be afraid to share with us here...we are all experiencing things similar to you and don't judge anyone...do all your dreams have crows in them?
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts
In the aboriginal culture dreams with animals and birds are very important...crows are very intelligent and you might even have a crow spirit guide....perhaps ask the crows before you go to sleep to guide you to help you make sense of the dreams..it's definitely a message....google 'symbolism of crows in dreams'...and see what you can find....
Dianne
@dianne
last year
6 posts
Like you, I am also skeptical, even of myself. I have had many experiences that cannot be explained in the "usual ways" . Some are crystal clear. I know, without doubt that something is happening. These moments have been rare. More often, I have terrible unrelenting anxiety. I didn't put it it together, but before the Boston Marathon bombing, I had 3 dreams with a strong sense of evil. In the last one, a young man wearing a hoodie, face shadowed, appeared in my house. He was learning against the wall. He actually looked normal, but there was only evil emanating from him.I don't know what exactly what your dream may mean. I do believe that you should keep it in mind. The state of the world is frightening. I don't want to think about your dream being related to isis or terrorism. I'd rather get together with friends and have a beer. Wish you could join us. We could use a break.
Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

Ignoring your instincts or intuition could be one of the parts of this dream (the crows screaming at you). All people, not just empaths, have dreams that try to communicate to them messages that would help them understand many things in their lives. Many empaths and psychics have precognitive dreams as well. It might help you to try and interpret what this dream is trying to say.

There are many examples of people who have had precognitive dreams. Abe Lincoln comes to mind....A quick search turned up these:http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/10-dreams-that-changed-the-c...

It is not uncommon at all.

But you are most concerned with upsetting dreams...Intense dreams are not uncommon, either upsetting or unusually pleasant. You can read over some of the ones posted here to see some strange ones!

tnorm
@tnorm
last year
10 posts
It's actually rare for me to see crows in my dreams, or birds at all, I suppose. One thing that's prominent in almost all of my dreams is that there are always storm clouds, but no one but me ever seems to notice them. That's the only recurring element in any of my dreams, though.
tnorm
@tnorm
last year
10 posts
Ah! I had this dream right around the time that I started being able to lucid dream. I actually had quite a few demonic dreams while lucid dreaming, which was irritating... I had one that I was watching myself sleep and couldn't get back into my body because something else was occupying it. That was pretty trippy.I had lots of dreams about weird body ailments around that time, too. Like coughing up ashes and pulling rotting tendrils out of my cheek and maggots in my gums and stuff. I wonder if this was all my body trying to tell me something was not right. This was also the ttime I started seriously exploring the empath possibility (all of this happened all at once, now that I think about it). It's gotten somewhat better ince I've been getting better at lucid dreaming and am getting a bit more confident with the empath thing.Thank you, it's good to know I'm not the only one!!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book