The music thing

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
5 months ago
107 posts
I was wondering if music that you dislike or music done poorly aggravates you? I was at an exercise class yesterday and she was used music that wasn't particular my favorite, just pop music, but the songs were all sped up way faster than the actual original versions. It bugged me so much that I doubt I will go back to her class. Extreme reaction?
updated by @calmidwester: 07/17/17 02:16:31AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
419 posts

@calmidwester:

Music has been found to play an important role with most empaths. In a way it can be medicine for our souls. In fact, when I am at work having a tough stress day, I use soft music to calm and ground. I have also found that as my empathy has become stronger over the years that I struggle with certain noises that didn't used to bother me. Sounds from a blender or my teenager playing loud rap music is like nails down a chalk board for me. 

I wonder if you had a similar reaction to music being playing differently and at a faster pace. We empaths are known as being over-sensitive compared to others. You may have sensed a different vibration from the music that just annoyed you.

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
5 months ago
107 posts
My first response never showed up. I have always been super sensitive to noises and smells. Music is probably in its own category. My parents actually forbid me to listen to any non religious music for all of high school. It truly was a dark time.

I have joked to my husband that maybe my hearing is just super sensitive. Unfortunately his is on the other end of the spectrum. ;-)
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
4 months ago
230 posts

CalMidwester: My first response never showed up. I have always been super sensitive to noises and smells. Music is probably in its own category. My parents actually forbid me to listen to any non religious music for all of high school. It truly was a dark time. I have joked to my husband that maybe my hearing is just super sensitive. Unfortunately his is on the other end of the spectrum. ;-)

Oh goodness... that really sounds like a dark time :) :) (I'm super sensitive to music, too.... Sometimes even songs that I like annoy me if I think about them in certain ways..) 

CalMidwester
@calmidwester
4 months ago
107 posts

@kit-kat I am the same way. If a song that I like is sped up, which is apparently very popular right now, it really doesn't sit right with me.  And, for better or worse, music can change my mood in an instant. Peace!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book