Writing as communication

To post a reply, login or signup

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

Hello! So I just wanted to share with everyone my experience and see if anyone can relate.

I've always loved journaling so naturally I started back when my spiritual journey really took off. Sometimes when I would write questions, by the time I finished writing, I would have an answer so i would write that too. After a while I was like, who am I talking to? Myself? Higher self? Guardian Angel? Divine intelligence? I meditated on that awhile and really didn't get a clear answer but instead an understanding that I might not need to know at this time.

After this realization, writings kept creeping in as topics of conversations with people. Some told me to goto a free writing seminar, that was neat. Some said they were impressed by my diction. I was told to read Conversations with God. etc.

I have kept up my journaling but haven't had any profound experiences. Though I was asked to talk about what I do in front of a small group. Half of me thinks, sure why not? The other half, dare I say ego, says its my imagination and there is no gift. Still, I want to give it a chance.

Does anyone else write like this or have experience? Any advice for me to enhance my writing abilities?

Thanks for reading <3

Love & Light

updated by @devonearth: 07/03/17 07:38:59PM
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
4 years ago
729 posts

As for the first part of this discussion I often enter a place that I call, my core, when I'm writing comments especially on this site. The only way I can describe is to say that it'skind of like going into a semi trance while I'm typing away. In fact, on a couple of instances I've gone back and read what I wrote and was like, "Wow, where did all that come from?" So yes, please keep writing, it can take you deeper into your journey.

As for talking to groups about a very personal journey, which most of us on this site are taking, it depends totally on you. Many people in our little world here do not understand what's happening to them well enough to be able to try and defend their beliefs to the masses of nonbelievers out in the physical part of our existence beyond the internet. As for me, I think I have gotten a pretty good handle on my own reality, at least to the point where I realize that I don't really feel offended when people try to force their understandings and beliefs on me. I know now that what I believe is right for me, and anyone else can take it or leave it as they see fit. In other words how strong is your ego and your belief system?

And now, just because I'm curious, and you don't have to answer, but are you at least part native to America? Your blog page devotes quite a bit of space to the native spirit. If you are, I would use that as part of my writing and my speaking with non-native people. I'm not sure why, but non-native Americans seem to put more faith in the first nation beliefs then they do their own in many cases!

Peace Devon, please keep writing, I like what you have to say!

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

Hi Bill, thanks for responding!

So I guess that is a good question. Something I have gone back and forth about is how much I want to come out of the closet, so to speak. It used to be that I would get shut down as soon as someone challenged by belief, but now I think I could stand my ground. This is such a personal affair that I believe one who is ready to hear my Truth will and all others can come back later. I think I could handle it and especially with this specific group. They are all very open to spiritual possibilities! That's very helpful.

I'm so glad you can relate. Sometimes I wonder if others do things the way I do. It some how validates it to the real world. I'm always discovering something new and my world is always changing. It's lovely!

I am Native American :) Cherokee. I've always valued that part of myself though I don't know much about my family history as I don't have contact with that side. I just love their wisdom and respect for everything.

Thanks for that idea! I wouldn't have thought to bring that to the table!

If you ever need a read I"d love for a review on any of my blog writings. It's my public outting of my spirituality haha. Thanks again!

Namaste

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
4 years ago
729 posts

I'll check out your blogs next week and see what you have to say, getting ready to log off for the day right now.

Have you registered with the Cherokee nation as a member? That could open up a whole new avenue for you especially on the spiritual and nature side of your ancestry. You might do well by introducing yourself to a shaman?

Have a great rest of your weekend!

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

I don't have any proof that I am Native American and I'm not sure how that works. You see, my father wasn't in my life to the point he isn't even on my birth certificate. Maybe a blood test would work? I'll look into it! I would LOVE to be apart of that!

I have been thinking about shamans lately. One semi-locally was just brought to my attention. I'd have to figure out how that works as well. Do I just make an appointment to meet him for no particular reason?

So many great suggestions! Thank you! Exciting stuff I will get into :)

Love & Light

Bill Walker
@bill-walker
4 years ago
729 posts

Lightworker I would love to have a past life regression but cannot afford one at this time. I believe that I do have a previous life experience as a First Nation Person in North America.

A short story here: I live in the hills of Washington State very close to Mount Baker. This area is very close to several Native Burial Grounds, I can walk to at least one of them. At any rate, a couple of weeks after I moved in I woke up, about halfway one morning, you know not fully awake but not really asleep either, and I heard what I thought was a nieghbor banging on a drum while chanting. As I listened I could hear the trucks on the highway about half a mile away as they drove by but didn't think much about them other then I could hear them. However, I was amazed at how good this guy, it was a male voice, was at chanting and playing the drum. I listened for several minutes and finally decided that I just had to fully wake up and check out which one of my nieghbors was playing and singing. I thought this was way to cool.

But, as soon as I opened my eyes, literally the exact same second my lids opened, the drumming and chanting stopped but I could still hear the trucks out on the highway.

Now, was I in some kind of a time loop hearing something from an age long past? Or was a Native Spirit welcoming me to my new home? One last note here, many people up around where I live say that the Indian Spirits are not all that found of the white man. I've heard that Native Spirits have on occasion tried to chase or otherwise scare people who are not of their heritage.

Just thought I would throw all of that in! Pretty cool huh, anyone have an opinion on what might have happened that morning?

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book