My cats been attached at my hip lately

Warden
Warden
@warden
4 months ago
27 posts

I have a question. My cat the past few weeks has been constantly following me and needing to be next to me if not touching me. Even if I'm outside she waits by the door for me which is a new thing. If I shut her out of my room she meows and attacks my door trying to get in until I give up and let her in. She also is wanting to share my food which is new she's never liked people food and never tried eating off plate. And it's not like she's stealing the food it's like she thinks we're sharing she just walks up and helps herself (I was eating on my bed watching TV). It's just strange her acting this way I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
862 posts

@warden:

It almost sounds like you are human catnip. By description she sounds happy, not alarmed. So I would say she really likes your energy right now.

Warden
Warden
@warden
4 months ago
27 posts
Cats seem to like me in general this just seemed odd to me I guess. Lol human catnip.
Just Stevie
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
3 months ago
151 posts

I had a cat that was about 7 lbs of fluff. She started attacking my husband. He was frightened. At the same time she became totally dependent on me. She lay on my chest sit in my lap followed me everywhere. She would wake from a sound sleep if I moved. She was never much of a cuddler. Pet her, great pick her up, not so much. I took her to the Vets and found her thyroid was way off. A few days of medication and she went back to herself.

alijay
@alijay
3 months ago
15 posts

@warden lol why am I able to relate to your cat in a human way haha.. this friend had been asking me to go out with her for coffee etc, but I'm really self conscious around food and around new people. then I thought after she'd been nagging me what the heck why not, what do you fancy? I couldn't do that in the past, one colleague got really offended several times when i did that, I just saw the funny side cause she was trying so hard... she bought me a coffee and I didn't drink it she was pissed hehe, and why some want food from I will never know, this old colleague used to do that.. anywho..

@just-stevie cats and animals in general, there are ways people can read their thoughts and emotions too, sometimes they might eve resonate as you walk past them. last week I was walking home and it was a beautiful day, so happy in my lifes usual vibes... so I was just thinking about some stuff, not very nice, must have been in someones energy too, or maybe pick up from the houses I walk past etc, dunno? but I saw this huge dog, it was actually beautiful but I didn't sense good vibes off the owner, poor dog sounded sad inside, it didn't lie the life it had, or how it was being treated

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 months ago
391 posts

How old is your cat and has anything changed in the household?

As they age you will start to notice some new things they do :)  Your cat loves you dearly and she is letting you know.  Seems she can't get enough of you!  Mine follows me everywhere.  Always has, like a little puppy since the day I got him.   His neediness has grown over the years, he is 16.  I can't even come home from work anymore and start making dinner without him running and crying all over the house.  I always pick him up and kiss him and tell him I love him for a few minutes when I come home but now that is not enough anymore for him, he wants at least a half hour of it.  Just last week I was holding him like a baby trying to cook, and he was totally fine with it.  He watched everything I did, when I put him down for a moment he ran and started crying.  I had to go and get him to hold him again while I resumed cooking.  Once dinner was done, he was ok.  He got his full half hour of being held and a dozen kisses.

Warden
Warden
@warden
one month ago
27 posts
@tigerlily that's adorable. Yeah she's been super cute and needy. Always wants my attention. Claws at doors if I shut it and she's not in there with me. Pouts if I do that pay attention to her while making dinner lol.
Warden
Warden
@warden
one month ago
27 posts
I love that quote. I've had daydreams lately where wild cats come to me for help (I have to save their cub) and I know what they saying and ppl in the daydream just look at me like I'm nuts because I'm not terrified. I've always had a connection to cats, ones that do t like anyone even their owners like me.
Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
one month ago
48 posts

My cat regularly goes through cycles with who he is attached to. For the last week he has been mommy's boy, following me, demanding cuddles. In the next week or two this will likely change and he will begin harassing daddy for attention and following him around the house. I don't know if this is the same thing, but it's like human relationships - there are period of times when you really jive with another person and times when you're pretty relaxed with them.

I would suggest a vet visit, from the post about thyroid.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
862 posts

@warden:

I forgot to mention previously that cats have a long history of being protectors going back to ancient Egypt. If I remember correctly, the Egyptians believed that cats protected them from evil and black magic. They had cats all around them. I wonder if there must be some sort of change in your energy or the energy of your home that has your cat not wanting to leave your side? And that doesn't necessarily mean something of concern is going on. But animals are so good at feeling energy that maybe your cat feels unsure and wants you close?

Here's a little info. I found on the subject.

https://themindsjournal.com/cat-protects-you/

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book