Share Your Story As An Animal Empath.

To post a reply, login or signup

Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Sometimes I feel like Dr.Doolittle. But it's not quite as funny as Eddie Murphey depicts. When our small little brothers and sisters come to us for help,or shelter from a storm we take on a deep emotional connection. For me the hard part is when I simply cannot afford to get them the required care. There are no free veterinary clinics and the costs can sky rocket quickly. Humane shelters are inundated with foreclosure animals and ,it's just so hard for me to surrender to animal care and control...because I think we all know what *control* means.I have such trouble making peace with this part of my gift/curse. Of course I recognize that the real problem is in my ability to "let go". So little of life is ever really under our control. Perhaps every time I say good by to a friend, I *feel* myself saying good bye to all my friends who have gone before them.I have been rescuing cats/kittens for over 30 years now..and it never gets easier, it just keeps getting harder.ow I have two new feral cats show up at my house since the storms started and temps plummeted. It's killing me because I was planning to get out of this frozen place for a few months of southern comfort.Now I'm so worried about these guys. Ah........same as it ever was.Thanks for letting me share.
updated by @roxanne: 05/15/17 10:27:17AM
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Thanks for replies everyone.It's nice to know that there are others out there feeling what I'm feeling. Caring . I always find myself talking to St. Francis when I get overwhelmed by *animal love & suffering*. I do believe he also was an Empath.Brings fresh eyes to my understanding of this humble avatar.
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Awwwww, Bren, such a sweet story...Sad to think you had to find your joy through tears.mmmwwaaaaaaaahh -- Big kiss from NY.
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
I agree. I pray for God to forgive us when I see road kill too. And since I moved to the country I see it a lot and it's killing me.
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Yes, our animal friends do have a way of communicating with us. I'd love to have my cat do a reading of me.Now that would be interesting.:-)
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Awwwww. Kissy Horse totally loved you!!
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Sandy, I think the first thing he'd say is "get off the catnip, Roxy". LOLAwwwwww, I do love all my kitties, past and present.
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Awwww, that's a tuff call spinning spider,Especially in this economy. -- But ultimately I'm sure it felt right.I couldn't do that either. It kills me just to hear the guns on the other side of the mountain behind my house. Everything echoes.The other day, I looked out my window and a pack of deer were walking across the mountain. I stopped counting past 15, they walked so quietly in a looooong trail, just moving through the snow , it was almost dark..not quite , but for a moment I caught one's eye, and I imagined that they were a tribe of Native Americans moving quietly to follow the food. It was quite an empathic moment.Once upon a time the Delaware People lived in these parts. Sometimes I can feel the residual energy and I have always connected it to the animals.Can't explain. Very transcendental though.Peace, friends.
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Wow! I'm loving that photo. What a sweetie.
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
What an amazing and beautiful story. I am certain it was a gift from God.Thank you so much for sharing, Nancy Le.blessings!
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
That's a good question, Felix. I'm not sure what the minimum or maximum requirements are that constitute an animal empath. It's more like you just *know* when you are one.Sounds like Rhoda opened some doors. I think losing the teddy hamster traumatized you and you blocked yourself, to protect yourself from hurting like that again. And regarding your policy of people before animals: I agree (well maybe *some* people LOL) For me it was traumatizing to be in situations where I would have to put a persons welfare before an animal that I loved. Broke my heart . But I'm sorry..............that's how it is.On the other hand, I have risked my life for animals and didn't even stop to think about it because I was in a *franticl zone*. Being pulled by overwhelming panic and fear to protect the animal that I wasn't even thinking straight. -- When the brain clears I'm thinking *AM I OUT OF MY MIND!! *I've spent my whole life rescuing animals from the streets, trying to get them into homes or human shelters and now I'm exhausted. I think I'm just at a point in my life where I can't take the grief that comes with it anymore. I'm down to two cats (well a feral recently adopted me so make that 3) and one dog.I want to travel. I'm desperately trying to find homes for these cats.Well, peace out. I can see you like Barretta with a cockatoo on your shoulder. LOLTake care.
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
Wow! What a beautiful dog!!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book