Just a rant

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
So my roommate has guinea pigs that she doesn't take care of. Yesterday I found one of them dead and this morning the other one was breathing really hard and it had diarrhea covering it's bottom. I gave it a bath and told her it needed to go to the vet. She wouldn't take it and said she didn't have the money. So of course I took it and ended up paying $60 for HER pet. I just couldn't stand to see it suffer. There's still not a very good chance it will make it. :( The poor thing has an infection in it's lungs. My guess would be because she doesn't clean its cage enough. So I'm stuck taking care of it until it's better which means feeding it with the syringe and heating the rice pack for it every couple of hours. If I'm lucky enough to be able to keep it alive, I'd really like to rehome it. I just dont know how to convince her to give it up. How can some people be so cruel?
updated by @emmy-long: 03/01/17 05:34:58AM
Bing
@bing
2 years ago
545 posts

Hi Emmy

She isn't cruel as much as she is clueless. The Guinea Pigs mean the same to her as her jewellery.Her lifeis all about HER and not anything or anyone else; keep that in mind with your relationship with her. I hope that she won't be having kids anytime soon. Been there done that big time with two friends that I lived with in my 20's. Make sure that all your financialarrangements with her are documented. Friends are friends and money is money. Don't get them mixed up. I did and it cost me thousands. I bet that if you offered her $50 for the guinea pig she'd give it to you like a hot potato. Better yet hand her the vet bill and I bet that she'd give the little guy to you in lieu of paying you back. Ask the Archangel Ariel to send some energy to the little fella. She is the angel of animals. You can find a topic on her in the Library of Inspiration or at the Archangels and You topic.

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Oh my goodness, Bing you are so correct! I JUST wrote a blog post about this exact thing a few days ago. About how perspective is so important because people aren't bad, they just experience the world differently than I do. You're right, she isn't cruel, she just doesn't experience the suffering as I do. I always need reminding to take a step back and remember that. Unfortunately, the pig passed about 9pm last night. :( but at least now I know I won't have to fight her to get it a better home. She's talking about getting a puppy now. :/ Some people never learn. I don't think she'll ever pay me back for the vet visit but I knew that going into it. I'm just really hoping she doesn't get a dog. I have a dog and it's a lot more work (and money) than a guinea pig. I've been talking with her and showing her the costs of having a dog: food, puppy shots, yearly vaccinations, toys, grooming, unexpected vet visits, heartworm and flea preventative, collars, leashes, crates, food dishes. I've shown her I spend well over $600 a year on my dog and my dog is smaller than the one she wants! But she found puppies for sale for $75 and she thinks because she has an extra $150 this month that means she can afford it. I tried tellin her that's not enough for the dog, the shots, AND the supplies she'll need to get started. I can already see myself getting stuck caring for this dog. And I WILL because I can't stand to see animals mistreated, but there's a reason I only have one dog. I love my dog and she's my baby, but I really only have the time and money for one dog.
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
2 years ago
729 posts

Don't know if this helps, but the world of spirit thanks you for your love and concern!

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

Some people just don't care about anything but themselves, even their pets/family. And I think that it's sad, I feel bad for them, I pity them, it is absolutely horrible. Poor little creature! :-( I think you did the right thing though, good for you girl!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book