It must be a curse

To post a reply, login or signup

Jessica4
@jessica4
2 years ago
29 posts
My connection with animals is strong and there hasn't been many animals that I don't get along very few and far between. But that's besides the point animals will often come to me and enjoy their company. And here's where curse comes I'm extremely allergic to cats. And I love cats and they seem to as well cuz they keep coming to me trying rub against me or play with me wanting love and affection. But I can't touch them or be around them :(
updated by @jessica4: 02/23/17 05:02:41PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
708 posts
I have found that relatives of mine that are allergic can be around my cats if I give them a bath. It washes away all of the dander and saliva that most people show allergies with. If you know someone with a cat, see if they would bathe them, then try to be around them. Hopefully it will alleviate the symptoms.
Jessica4
@jessica4
2 years ago
29 posts
Thank you that will be quite helpful cuz I have alot of friends and family who have cats
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
708 posts
Let me know how it goes ;)
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
2 years ago
729 posts

You can ask your family Doctor about getting allergy shots, they help my step sister quite a bit when dealing with cats and she has a lot believe me!

Jessica4
@jessica4
2 years ago
29 posts
Thank you I will I'll might also see about the shot thing as well
Equus Aquarius
@equus-aquarius
2 years ago
184 posts

The other thing you can do is try to see if you can correct whatever imbalances in your immune system may be causing your body's inflammatory response to cat hair and dander.

One way to do this (if you have health insurance) is to go to the doctor and get allergy tests. Then the doctor can recommend treatment, such as medication or something else, which would hopefully make it possible for you to pet cats without developing allergic reactions anymore.

Hope this helps!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book