Soul Agreements - Clearing Meditation
Note: This blog entry is part of a series on psychic development. Find the index for the series here.
This is a meditation that one of my spirit helpers taught to me, and I thought that I'd share it with you. It's simple, but powerful. But first, let's talk about what soul agreements are. I enjoyed reading Anna's description on her blog, so I'm just going to reproduce it here for you:
Soul-level Agreements and Appointments
Before we incarnate, we make appointments and agreements with certain souls. Usually we pick out the souls with whom well have important relationships both short-lived ones and long-term ones.
The reason why you make those soul-level agreements to meet up is because you want to exchange energy and teach each other a little something through your interaction, at a specific time in your life, or for a more prolonged period.
All souls exchange energy with one another. You have your special, unique energies that youre exchanging in many areas of life romantically, professionally and socially. Energies that clients have been dealing in that Ive seen in the past include boldness, courage, compassion, strength, clarity, playfulness, innocence, to name a few. Most people arent conscious of what theyre actually bringing to others, but that doesnt stop them dealing in the energies that they do.
So, what happens when you keep your soul-level appointment with someone is that you two exchange energy. Maybe you teach that person something about compassion in the five minutes you spend together. It can happen so indirectly and subtly maybe through something you say, maybe through your manner. Just by being you.
And perhaps in your encounter they teach you something about playfulness and being carefree that takes your life or even just your mood in a different direction. You may remember the encounter for many years and it feels like a charged event because you REALLY needed and wanted that type of energy they showed up to give you (or should we say, that type of energy they showed up to AWAKEN in you.)
So, often when you have a strong connection like that with someone in person, whether its short-lived or long-lasting, you will have set up an appointment to meet up in this life and impact one another in a certain way. And that strong connection/feeling of recognition reflects that fact.
I'm not sure what happened that got me thinking about it, but at some point either I thought of it or it was suggested to me that soul agreements don't always get fulfilled. Unfulfilled soul agreements can leave us feeling, well, like there's something unfinished. It's sort of like whenwe go to the grocery store and can't quite remember what it was thatwe were supposed to remember to get, but totally on an unconscious, soul level. Quite simply, releasing ourselves from unfulfilled and obsoletesoul agreements can feel great.
If you're ready to release your attachment to ALL of your unfulfilled and obsoletesoul agreements - whether these were agreements that were unfulfilled by your choice,the other party's, or by circumstances outside of either of your control- here is a meditation that will walk you through the process.
- Go to your meditational space. Make sure that you are relaxed and comfortable and will not be disturbed for at least an hour.
- Declare your intention for your meditation. I suggest something like, "My purpose in this meditation is to release myself from allunfulfilled, obsoletesoul agreements. I ask for the presence of only my highest and best guidance to help me with the process." Or something like that. I don't know if you can release yourself from current and future soul agreements. You probably can, but that's not the purpose of this particular meditation.
- Begin in your no-thought state.
- Do a cleansing meditation.
- Imagine a tiny pinpoint of light floating in front of you. It's so tiny, but burns so brightly, like a miniature sun. See it floating there in front of you. As you think about your intention, see the pinpoint of light float toward you, entering your body in the middle of your throat chakra. Your throat chakra is the place in your energetic body where soul agreements are formed.
- The tiny point of light feels great on your throat, like a drink of cool water.Think again about your intention, and feel thepoint of lightslides down,its coolness coming to rest in your solar plexus chakra. The solar plexus chakra is the place in your energetic body where soul agreements are kept.
- Strongly focus on yourintention, which is to release all obsolete soul agreements. Feel thetiny point of light begin to expand, as though it is absorbing all of the agreements that went unfulfilled. It seems like a tiny celestial vacuum cleaner, sucking up all of the ways that you are connected to things that you agreed to that didn't happen and can't happen.
- When the point of light stops expanding, focus your attention on it.Think about what it means, about all of the agreements that you were paying unconscious attention to. Think about how great it will feel to be rid of this weight, these ties to impossibilities. Say, either strongly in your mind or out loud,"I release myself from all obsolete soul agreements!" As soon as you say it, feel the ball of light suddenly dropping away, becoming one with the earth.
- Take a few minutes to feel what it feels like to be free of all of these unkept soul-level agreements. Slowly return to normal waking awareness.
That's it! I hope that it's helpful to you.